close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Dreams

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by j-glock22, Jan 9, 2010.

1. j-glock22

j-glock22

I very rarely have dreams like this or any gun dream for that matter, but twice this week I had a dream where (in the dream) I had to draw my G17 but couldn't cycle the slide (I keep them "cold" for the time being) I had to struggle to pull it back and had to shove it back into battery, but wouldn't go all the way. Then when I finally got it into battery, I couldn't get my tac light to turn on. Ok, I get it if the dream happens once, but twice in a week? I routinely clean and thouroughly inspect my Glocks, and they are well maintained and properly lubed, and cycle smoothly. Anybody else have dreams like these lately?

2. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Silver Member

My trigger NEVER works.

3. MainStreetIowa

MainStreetIowa

The bullets always do a pitiful "plop" out the barrel and onto the ground at the BG's feet. :frown:

4. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Believer

Sigmund Freud would ask, "How's your sex life"?

This type of dream is usually a nocturnal manifestation of acute sexual frustration.

:crazy::help::animlol:

5. glockfanbob

glockfanbob

90% of the time any gun in a dream of mine never fires, always malfunctions. Stupid dreams.

6. G26Okie

G26Okie

Same here, when I'm dreaming and I fire any firearm in a situation, the bullet always comes out like it is in slow motion.

7. recycooler

recycooler 9-11-2001

My bass guitar always had barbed wire for strings when I tried out for"the" rock band to be in back high school .Yes stupid dreams.

Maybe you should carry with one in the pipe from now on.

8. firedawg60

firedawg60

I had one just this morning. I went to the range, which was the street in front of the house and had to shoot signs. I guess I don't have a problem with this but church was getting out and I didn't want to shoot anyone. But I did shoot a hole in some guys back glass but he didn't care and drove off. I guess the Chantix is working for me!! :rofl:

9. j-glock22

j-glock22

perhaps, its up for debate. I have a small child at home, and a 2nd on the way, so cold for now.

10. MarkCO

MarkCO CLM Millennium Member

Common dream cycle when you add stres and think about something.

Get to the range and shoot a few hundred rounds 3-5 times and the dreams will stop.

11. Carnage

Carnage

DAMN!
    I have the same dream, My G17 go "puf" instead of bang

12. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

I always empty a mag into the BG and he won't die, I'll be out of ammo, and some random guy will start helping him kill me. :dunno:

13. greatwun

greatwun Senior Member

Same here, the trigger gets stuck and after using all my strength to get it to budge the bullet moves so slow the BG just moves out the way. I also have dreams where I've lost all my teeth which I've been told is a sign of anxiety.

14. eXistenZ

eXistenZ Play it.

Ditto. It royally SUCKS!

15. G-31

G-31 .357 Sig

Really hard to pull the trigger, gun is really inaccurate, BG never dies, been there.:steamed:

16. KillStick

KillStick

I had a dream where everything worked with like the coolest special effects and movie style gun battles, I was getting the bg left and right. I had this same dream for about 4 times in a three week period and it just kept getting longer and longer with more details being released until at the end some how I found out it was a dream and it woke me up and never had it again.

17. Glocked and Loaded

Glocked and Loaded

I had a dream where I shot a bad guy who just was going on a shooting spree in a local mall. I emptied a Glock 26 on him and he did not even move or show any signs of being shot. was weird. Then it seems like he was about to shoot me and I woke up.

But I traded my 26 for a 30sf so maybe in my next dream the guy will drop. lol.

18. frogger42

frogger42 Don't Panic!!

In my dreams, my trigger becomes about a 50 pound trigger pull for the last little bit so I have to pull and pull to get the trigger to break. Most of the time, I can't actually do it or wake up before it happens. I always assumed this was a fear of freezing up and not being able to pull the trigger if the situation ever occurred.

As far as keeping the guns cold... whether your kids are 6 months or 15 years old your guns should be on your person and in your immediate control (i.e. in a holster on your hip) or locked up in a quick access safe at all times. If you follow that simple rule there is zero issue in keeping the gun hot and ready to go no matter what age your kids are.

19. Big G

Big G

Last night I dreamed I was shooting at an orange cat through a screen door with my air rifle. Pulled the trigger many times and never hit the thing. So I thought I'd better get my shotgun and take care of it once and for all. Never thought of reaching for my Glock though. Strange.

20. voyager4520

voyager4520

That's one of the most common dreams to have, you try to do something but can't. I have them pretty often. A month or two after I got my G23 I had a dream that I used it in self defense when I found someone had broken into my home and pointed a dark-colored revolver at me. After I woke up I was quite surprised that the gun actually functioned in my dream. I can still picture that dream in my head, it was pretty eerie. It was strange though because the sights weren't Glock sights, they looked more like Steyr pistol sights.