Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi First post here, anyways Ive been to several Westland mall gun shows in columbus and ive seen some of the work that the Glock doc does, im quite impressed but hes not a certified armorer, i was going to see if he would install night sights and refinish my gun but the fact that hes not a certified armorer is a little worrysome. im curious to know if anybody has had work done by this man and if so how satisfied they were.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
You don't have to be a certified armorer to install night sights on the guns. Most people train themselves to be Glock armorers by watching youtube videos. Heck, one guy on our department watched youtube videos on AR15/M16s and instead of the two guys we have sent to AR armorer school, I am having him change over all our dept. rifles from 20" barrels to 16" barrels.

What refinishing do you plan on doing?

I'll send you a pm.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
welcome to the forum, jim. are you in VA or OH?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
well i live in VA but do work in ohio for a Promotion company as for the finish i would like either a ceracoat silver on my slide or a black oxide finish on my 21

·
Glock Sportsman
1,363 Posts
You don't have to be a certified armorer to install night sights on the guns. Most people train themselves to be Glock armorers by watching youtube videos. Heck, one guy on our department watched youtube videos on AR15/M16s and instead of the two guys we have sent to AR armorer school, I am having him change over all our dept. rifles from 20" barrels to 16" barrels.

I'll send you a pm.
I totally agree, you don't have to be an armorer to work on a Glock. Heck most of the working people that do the practical jobs are just do it yourselfers without any formal training. And you know what, they are better than lots of the ones that went to school. Youtube has some excellent videos, but you have to be smart to make the right choice, because some are done by some real knuckleheads...

·
5 Times A Day
1,923 Posts

I'll send you a pm.
Are you Cleveland PD?

·
Banned
10,620 Posts
Jim, I have had Nick put night sights on a couple of my Glocks. He knows what he is doing and I was very satisfied.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there is another guy, Rick roberts of Ricks glock works, hes done several duracoat jobs that i have seen they look good but i dont really want anything to duracoat my entire gun (i figure if i duracoat the slide it will look like ****) anyways has anybody on the site had any dealings with him? if so how were they?

·
Registered
828 Posts
there is another guy, Rick roberts of Ricks glock works, hes done several duracoat jobs that i have seen they look good but i dont really want anything to duracoat my entire gun (i figure if i duracoat the slide it will look like ****) anyways has anybody on the site had any dealings with him? if so how were they?
I have had Rick put sights on two of my glocks and I've been very happy.After dealing with both Rick's Glock Works and Glock Doc, I would rather do business with Rick. I have found that for the most part, Glock Doc's prices are higher on parts, and they will try to sell you things that you don't really need. One of the main things that really turned me away from Glock Doc was their recommendation to only use Tetra Gun Grease on the slide rails, and not lubricate the barrel, lug, and connector. His logic of this was that the newer metals don't need to be lubricated. However, if you look at it, the fundamental design of the Glock hasn't really changed since they first came out in the '80s.

This is just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts