close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Disassembly Question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 0100010, Jun 14, 2003.

1. 0100010

0100010 Millennium Member

Just an observation of mine, kind of a pet peeve I guess.

In every pic or description I've ever seen so far on how to remove the connector from the trigger housing/ejector, why doesn't anyone ever use the Glock Disassembly Tool (or desired 3/32 punch), and PUSH the connector out from the left side???? (This is what I do, looked like the correct way to me the 1st time I detailed stripped my G32.)

There is a hole in the center of the area (left side) where the 'tab' on the connector that slides into the housing goes (see pic below) I would think that pushing the connector out from the hole, would be less stressful on the non 90 degree angle that the connector has, than using a knife or screwdriver to pry out the connector from the right hand side (or scrath it up).

Does anyone else do the same thing, or does everyone just use a knife of flathead screwdriver? Or am I just doing it 'wrong'?

This pic is edited from Glockmeister, and it is of the right side of the trigger housing/ejector, but the place I'm talking about is highlighted red.

2. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

I push then with a punch. The early trigger mech housings did not have the hole to do this so a punch could not be used.

3. 0100010

0100010 Millennium Member

Ah! So that would be why it became 'common' to use a knife or flathead screwdriver to remove the connector. In my 3rd Gen G32, it has always had the hole. Learn something new everyday.