Glock Date Codes By Serial Number

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by G17Collector, Nov 14, 2017.

1. 58sniper

58sniper Silver Member

Those are also available in the link mentioned above.

2. premiertactical

premiertactical

Sniper I’m almost speechless on that one.
    Now we are on the 7th page and such no one will read the 6th......

Wait a minute.

HELP WITH DATING YOUR GLOCK HANDGUN

For those of you wanting to know what date their serial number comes back to check out this thread. Super easy to use... https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/glock-serial-number-research-project.1287557/

The dating break down on the first page of this thread will help you decipher your barrel date code if you have one. This practice ended in the Gen 2s and such your Glock may not have any.

That will be the 3 letters on your barrel hood. They should be three letters by themselves. Not to be confused by the 2 letters and 3 numbers to the left which are your serial numbers.

Beyond this to give you a value of what you may have that is Glock related will certainly require images. Go ahead and create a thread and post images. Try to take images that would help you evaluate what you were looking at.

Here are 2 comments I cut and pasted from earlier in this thread.

If you cannot decipher your serial number through the links above call or email Glock.
    Just call Glock (770-432-1202), ask for the manufacture date and give them the serial number.

Or email.
    If you have pistols that don't have the date code on the barrel, best method I've found for getting manufacturing date is to send an email to [email protected] with the model and serial number, and ask. Takes about a day.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020

3. anjroid86

anjroid86

Well I'm a bit confused....
    Mine is BKMA*** so what does that mean?

4. Toocool45

Toocool45

Sept. 1986 keep it.

5. anjroid86

anjroid86

How do you figure?

6. 17LGen1

17LGen1

Noticed Austrian 19s stopped sometime in the KK range. My gen 2 19 is Austrian KK979US Glock said it was manufactured December 1989.

My gen1 17L was DA309US it didn't have a ported barrel

7. shane1

shane1 CLM

Can someone tell me when this Glock was made?
    AYM284

8. 17LGen1

17LGen1

Surest way is to email Glock on their site. Also there is a date code on the barrel of when it was proof tested.

9. premiertactical

premiertactical

HELP WITH DATING YOUR GLOCK HANDGUN

For those of you wanting to know what date their serial number comes back to check out this thread. Super easy to use... https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/glock-serial-number-research-project.1287557/

The dating break down on the first page of this thread will help you decipher your barrel date code if you have one. This practice ended in the Gen 2s and such your Glock may not have any.

That will be the 3 letters on your barrel hood. They should be three letters by themselves. Not to be confused by the 2 letters and 3 numbers to the left which are your serial numbers.

Another way to tell is look for the small envelope with the 2 or less fired cases enclosed. Stamped on the outside will be the date that the handgun was fired.
    I personally do not know when after manufacture they do that. But it obviously would be soon.

Beyond this to give you a value of what you may have that is Glock related will certainly require images. Go ahead and create a thread and post images. Try to take images that would help you evaluate what you were looking at.

Here are 2 comments I cut and pasted from earlier in this thread.

If you cannot decipher your serial number through the links above call or email Glock.
    Just call Glock (770-432-1202), ask for the manufacture date and give them the serial number.

Or email.
    If you have pistols that don't have the date code on the barrel, best method I've found for getting manufacturing date is to send an email to [email protected] with the model and serial number, and ask. Takes about a day.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    Davers, Jayman28 and 58sniper like this.
  10. Mittens

Mittens

PUAxxx is a 2010 model. G37

11. familyman357

familyman357 I'd be more cynical, but my apathy prevents it.

I suppose you can call Glock. For what it's worth, I bought one that started with AAL around the summer of 1993. My best guess it that yours was made in 1993.

12. Julian Sutton

Julian Sutton

I have a Glock 19 Gen 2: serial number SZ735. I don’t see SZ anywhere on your list. Could you help?

13. Toocool45

Toocool45

SZ Gen 2 19 1/91

Julian Sutton likes this.
  14. Julian Sutton

Julian Sutton

After I posted this Glock emailed me back and confirmed this also, thank you

15. Toocool45

Toocool45

Your welcome. Happy to help.