Glock Date Codes By Serial Number

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by G17Collector, Nov 14, 2017.

1. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Staff Member Moderator

My concern was that the box had grooves for fingergrooved frames, but your pistol was a Gen2 with no grooves. However, in dating your pistol, I see that Glock had already released the G26 and G27 at the time yours was produced, which do have fingergrooved frames, so it would make sense to convert to a box that could be used for Gen2 or Gen3 pistols. I'd feel more confident that it's the right box if it had the sticker, but just because it doesn't have the sticker doesn't mean the box is definitely wrong.

However, I'm in no way an expert on Glock pistol boxes. Perhaps some of the collectors with far more experience in this area could check in and give their opinions. If they do, take their comments as more reliable than mine, as many of them have multiple examples they can refer to, and I do not.

2. Rick_Weber

Rick_Weber

Hey everyone, this is my first post here. I have a Glock 19 with serial # FC477. Does anyone have any info on when this was manufactured or other details about it? It was originally purchased new by my father, and was given to me years ago.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Paul53, glockhoarder and AdamRodgers like this.

3. professor309

professor309

It should be a Gen 2 manufactured in mid 1989.

Great early sample to be passed down to you.

Paul53, glockhoarder and AdamRodgers like this.
  4. Rick_Weber

Rick_Weber

Thank you. It's always been a great shooter.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Paul53 and professor309 like this.
  5. skrein

skrein

Hey you knowledgeable bunch of Glock Aficionados— I recently snagged a 2 pin Glock 17-L with the old style box and two original Glock 17 magazines with no caliber designation and the original +2 addons (big plus next to the 2). The serial number is ATA 155 US and I would appreciate any information. Thanks guys! —SKrein

6. premiertactical

premiertactical

December 1993 would be the closest manufacture date.
    Anything further for information would require you uploading images. If the box still has the factory label on it then it would be correct.

7. proheromk1

proheromk1

Anyone know what a bmbs prefix would be?

8. skrein

skrein

Thanks Premier, I'll upload some soon as the Box does match.
    Any help is appreciated. Just wish I had kept every Glock I ever owned. The silliness of youth.

premiertactical likes this.
  9. skrein

skrein

10. skrein

skrein

Here is a snapshot of the Box and Glock 17-L. You can see the original Glock mags (no 9mm stamp) with the old +2 base plate replacements. Old School Cool.

11. premiertactical

premiertactical

Some on Gun Broker would call that a unicorn and such not terribly common.
    If the barrel was ported it would be worth a great deal more. Gen 2 17L Ported are very uncommon.
    Still it’s complete and with the original box. Very good for you.
    Typically I see these go for near or at $1000.00. I have one and such -lan to keep it at least 10 years or more.
    Thanks for sharing....

skrein and AdamRodgers like this.
  12. Nole1999

Nole1999

New to the forum. Have a Gen 2 19 with LE xxx. Best I can tell it is an early 90s model.

13. Raceredi

Raceredi

14. Raceredi

Raceredi

I have a G17 KD234 Austria. Would it be a Gen 2? 1989?

15. TarHeelTed

TarHeelTed

Hey everyone, this is my first post here. I have a Glock 19 with serial # GKTxxx. Does anyone have any info on when this was manufactured or other details about it?

Thanks in advance

16. 58sniper

58sniper Silver Member

17. TarHeelTed

TarHeelTed

Sniper - thanks for the heads up on where to go. With a little searching I found my Gen 3, it had a 2004 birthday.

thanks again

18. Farmer

Farmer

In case you are still compiling the info my ED437 17L P Gen2 is date coded STD

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  19. premiertactical

premiertactical

HELP WITH DATING YOUR GLOCK HANDGUN

For those of you wanting to know what date their serial number comes back to check out this thread. Super easy to use... https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/glock-serial-number-research-project.1287557/

The dating break down on the first page of this thread will help you decipher your barrel date code if you have one. This practice ended in the Gen 2s and such your Glock may not have any.

That will be the 3 letters on your barrel hood. They should be three letters by themselves. Not to be confused by the 2 letters and 3 numbers to the left which are your serial numbers.

Beyond this to give you a value of what you may have that is Glock related will certainly require images. Go ahead and create a thread and post images. Try to take images that would help you evaluate what you were looking at.

If you cannot decipher your serial number through the links above call or email Glock.
    Just call Glock (770-432-1202), ask for the manufacture date and give them the serial number.

Or email.
    If you have pistols that don't have the date code on the barrel, best method I've found for getting manufacturing date is to send an email to [email protected] with the model and serial number, and ask. Takes about a day.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  20. MB2207

MB2207

Hey everyone I'm new to the forum, hopefully you all can help with dating my gen1. I see plenty of info about 3 letters in the serial number but what about 2? AX xxx US , I inherited this from my father who recently passed away and trying to find out what I can. Thank you for the help!