Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently bought a old gen 3 19 from my local gun shop , it was a police chiefs firearm , i was trying to find out the date of MFG , its not a standard date code as it was a Leo's gun ( blue label ) so no brown envelope with casing/date . the SN is CSP039 . can anyone help with dating this ?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I sent an email inquiry to Glock with the identifying info to http://us.glock.com/customer-service/glock-warranty. I asked for the mfg date and what generation it was. Don’t remember how long it took, but don’t believe it was too long. There are probably easier ways to this, but I figured I would go directly to the source. Hope this helps.

Reactions: mrhusky67

·
troy ounce gold
1,615 Posts
From the GLOCK serial thread, your G19 gen3 goes back to around May/Jun 1998.

·
troy ounce gold
1,615 Posts
thanks , i was unable to find my numbers or anything close to it .
Closest was CSNxxx G19...
CSM - G-17 - May 1998 - 3rd Gen.
CSN - G-19 - May 1998 - 3rd Gen.
CSR - G-21 - March 1998 - 3rd Gen.
CSW - G-23 - June 1998

Reactions: mrhusky67

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
G19 pistols with with CSP###US serial numbers were *imported* in May 1998. The "US" at the end is part of the complete serial number.

The envelope with spent case was only supplied diring the years that some states required the dealer to submit it to the state when a pistol was sold. The last state (MD) stopped that a couple of years ago, so that case is no longer included. It would not have been provided in May 1998 either.

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
G26. Serial No. ZALxxx. Gen and manufacture date will be deeply appreciated.
ZAL### is too recent to be in most serial number listings except Glock's. I'd guess at import less than three years ago. Call the customer service number 770-432-1202. They will happily tell you the import date.

WRT generation, if it has no backstraps it is Gen3. If it has backstraps, it's Gen4.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.