close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock cuts on a 1911

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by freakshow10mm, Apr 21, 2006.

1. freakshow10mm

freakshow10mm 10mm Advocate

This could go in either GG, 1911 Club, or here, but I chose here. Move if needed.

I am tinkering with the idea of getting my Para flat-topped and cut to Glock sight dimensions so I could change out sights myself if I wanted to. I have to get my front sight cut because it looks welded in place.

What are the dimensions of the Glock sight cuts? Anyone else have Glock sight cuts on their 1911? Notice any big difference in sighting or accuracy?

2. Speedrock

Speedrock "To The Point"

Hope you are referring to just the front oval! Pretty sure Caspian offers that as an option on their slides now. They'd be able to tell you what it is.

3. freakshow10mm

freakshow10mm 10mm Advocate

Yes the front sight oval. Also the rear dovetail. What is the dimensions of that. I am pretty sure they aren't the same as the Para, could be wrong though.

Basically I am looking to be able to purchase Glock type sights and directly replace my Para sights. So if I want Heinie Slant Pro Straight 8s on my Para, I want to order the set made for Glocks, and be able to swap them out with a hammer, punch, and Glock FS tool. No fitting or monkeying around.