Glock Customer Support

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Wm C, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Wm C

Wm C

I just purchased my first Glock. A 19. I'm a lefty and honestly this is my first pistol that gives me the ability to conform to a lefty's comfort. So, I get on YouTube to get a quick instruction on converting the magazine release to the right side. Very easy...until I tried to do it. My sticking point wasn't a big problem but I wanted to make sure I'm not doing damage so I called Glock customer support. The only answer I got from them was to go to "a certified Glock armorer". I exclaimed that I understood the beauty of having a Glock was how user friendly it is so why would I have to do that? Can't you just tell me if I'm doing this properly? He repeated his first statement so I said thanks and hung up. That was BS! Strike 1! I kept working at it and got the job done on my own. I didn't buy it to do a bunch of mods (though, there are a few little things I'm changing) but I'd expect a little more support and a little less dismissiveness. Is this a one time blow off or is this what I can expect from the company?

2. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

Dismissiveness? No.

They don't know you from Adam and by the fact that you called CS to get technical help, identified yourself as someone unfamiliar with the inner workings of your Glock. Why would a policy of telling customers to find a Glock Armorer (someone that is usually easier to find than a carwash) and ensure the gun gets setup properly be dismissive?

Talking you through it without knowing your baseline of knowledge just would ensure a higher number of guns being returned to the mothership.

shawn mccarver, refugeepj and Wm C like this.

3. Wm C

Wm C

Actually my question was simple. Does the pin indeed come all the way out? A yes would have been sufficient for me. No, I don't know the Glock but 34 pieces is about as simple as it get, according to Glock. It's mine and I'm gonna learn it. Thanks for your response.

4. TH237

TH237

Good morning Wm C. I agree with WW, they didn't know who are what you are. There are a lot of unscrupulous people out there. As far as Glock knew you could be someone trying to set up a lawsuit. Don't take it too hard, they were just trying to cover there rear.
    Congrats on buying the most popular Glock ever.

5. wruess

wruess

Relating more to the lefty issue than Glock support: I'd be interested to know what you think of the reversed mag release. (Agree they are a total PITA to switch.) I changed mine on my G26 only to find I didn't like it - couldn't reach the mag release with my thumb (small hands) without changing grip. Switched back to stock position.

6. 125K9

125K9

Well, do you know how to make the change now? You're going to find out that the more changes you try to make to your pistol, and the more doo-dads that you try to add/install, the less people will be trying to help out.
    BTW, welcome to GT.

7. bustedknee

bustedknee The Snowflakes have invaded GT

If you could not figure out something so simple, with all the wanna-be armorers on Youtube helping you, maybe you should not be working on something as important as a firearm.

Hmmmmmm....?

8. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

Why not try going to a glock person that really knows every piece and get a good tour of how every part works and comes out... I don't think it has to be a glock armorer ... although they should certainly be able to do what I am saying.

If you had questions doing a fairly simple job... it tells me your not really ready to take your glock apart at this point.. I am not saying your stupid or that working on your glock is beyond you... I am saying that right now your skill set is not developed enough to be taking apart something as important as a firearm.

There are many people that post problems where they got in over their heads.. we would like to spare you these issues.

9. refugeepj

refugeepj

rule of thumb: CYA, and Glock needs to do that as well.
    this is the age of sue, sue, sue.
    the lefties are even trying to make manufacturers liable for felonious use of a firearm, why would Glock, or any manufacturer not exercise the utmost caution?
    how could CS know your capabilities?
    their goal is YOUR safety and success.

10. Wm C

Wm C

I haven't had it on a range yet but it seems to feel alright. Of course I'd have to put about 100 rds through it to be absolutely sure.

11. mtstream

mtstream

Glock has defined parts that are End User Replaceable. Everything else they leave to armorers - typically the only issue is that they won't ship a non-end user replaceable part except to an armorer. Regardless of how easy the part is to replace.

I don't know the reasons, but its not that different from every other mfg.