close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Customer Service...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 4949shooter, Aug 13, 2012.

1. 4949shooter

4949shooter

I called Glock today regarding a replacement recoil spring assembly for my G20SF. The employee on the phone asked me what was wrong with the current RSA, and I told him it felt weak, and was possibly causing malfunctions. He asked me how many rounds were through the gun and I told him about 1000. He then asked my weapon serial number, and I gave him what I thought it to be off the top of my head. He took my name and information down, and said no problem I will send you one.

Good customer service!

2. TheExplorer

TheExplorer

Was it broken or cracking? The replacement is the same cheap piece of plastic.

3. skyboss_4evr

skyboss_4evr

Good lord, cheap plastic?? Should it be made of carbon fiber instead? Would that make it better than "cheap" in your eyes?

4. kaech

kaech

No doubt alls that guy does is piss and moan about GLOCK..smh

5. USSOCOM

USSOCOM

Most Glock RSAs have a service life of what? 5000 rounds before recommended replacement.

6. 4949shooter

4949shooter

Yes, I believe it was weak from the factory. Had this happen with a Gen 2 G23 RSA once, which caused a few FRTB. A replacement solved the problem. I am hoping this is the case with my G20 as well.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  7. 4949shooter

4949shooter

Not broke or cracked. Just underpowered I believe, at least compared to my G22 spring which is the same specified weight.

8. TheExplorer

TheExplorer

CF would be great. Do you think seeing a bent flange from the spring tension is comforting? I don't. And which aftermarket companies use this plastic that you know of?

9. skyboss_4evr

skyboss_4evr

I own ten GLOCKS if varying sizes and caliber. I've fired thousands of rounds through each of them and NEVER had a problem with the "cheap plastic" guide rod, the purpose of which is only to keep the spring in place anyway.

Ever seen the vid of the torture test where the guide rod melted after I think 2,000 rounds of continuous fire and the pistol kept on going??

Maybe instead of just whining out your rear end you should get a clue before posting useless drivel.

10. Wash-ar15

Wash-ar15

Glock CS is like other CS. some will give you the world and some will tell you to buy one. I called asked about a RSA that had broken. The guys asked how many rounds through it and i told him a few thousand. his response was to go to one of the Glock parts sellers and buy one. We don't give them out was his words.

11. TheExplorer

TheExplorer

Ever read the posts where people get less than 800rds before the flange top cracks? Take your bullying elsewhere. Nobody fears you here.:upeyes:

12. frostyicy

frostyicy

Personally I don't like their customer service. The people who actually answer the phone are great but when they put you on with one of the gunsmiths or whatever you wanna call em they don't help with anything.

If you have a problem with your gun and they want to take a look at it you actually have to use your own money to send it instead of them e-mailing a label to you.

Even the glock armorer I went to stated that he doesn't like dealing with glock for glock parts because they are a hassle. He said they us glockmeister.

13. tonyparson

tonyparson

Are you sure your calling GLOCK, Inc. 6000 Highlands Parkway Smyrna, GA 30082? I've never had the first problem with them. When I call I always ask for the warranty dept. and get 5 star service from them have been for years..:dunno: