close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock customer service

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by gbpanther41, Jun 12, 2012.

1. gbpanther41

gbpanther41

Called Glock today instead of waiting on an email reply on my G30SF. Told them about the problem and they sent me all the info to send it in and what I wanted done to fix the problem. I told them I wanted to just exchange my 30SF for a standard 30. I put all that on the sheet that I printed out and took it down to Fed-Ex to overnight the gun to Georgia. $108 NO WAY!!!! :wow: Waiting now to hear back from Glock. I can't believe they won't make this right on a gun that was sent out with old parts that they knew there were problems with and haven't even put 4 full mag through the gun. I hope them make this right.

2. Wizz

Wizz

I believe Fed-Ex policy allows for 2nd Day air which cost me $52, it was $85 for Fed-Ex overnight going across the country. UPS only allows overnight which was over $100. I no longer use UPS due to their extreme pricing. Are you sure you're not talking about UPS?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012

3. scosgt

scosgt

Before you go through all that the issues with the G30sf can be easily fixed for free. Just search the forum and Google. At it takes it a little polishing.

4. ChicagoZman

ChicagoZman

We frequently ship handguns 2nd day air via UPS and shipments east of the Rockies cost low to mid $30s with insurance. West of the Rockies it is high $30s. Where are you, Alaska?

5. jarubla

jarubla Dos Pistolas

I paid 65 IIRC two years ago to send it back. If you find a GSSF event nearby they can fix it for you there (and prolly for free).

Good luck and let us know what you decide to do to fix it

-Jay

6. agrech

agrech

Or talk to a LGS... one might have an gunsmith. And with Glock being such a loved brand (arguable), you might well find a gunsmith, that's also Glock Certified locally, that can fix it cheaper.

7. kashdaddy

kashdaddy Glockaholic

Go to a major gun show with a glock armorer.

8. bigtimelarry

bigtimelarry

I live 30 min from Glock in Smyrna. Took my G26 Gen4 over, they took it completely apart and put everything brand new in, test fired it. They did it while I waited (took 35 min).
    They have EXCELLENT Customer Service..

9. gbpanther41

gbpanther41

bigtimelarry-Glad it worked out for ya.

10. FyreCalG17

FyreCalG17 Gen4 Fondler

I've heard a lot of stories about how good Glock is when it comes to fixing a problem with one of their guns. Heck, they've treated me very well when I sent my Gen4 19 in for a new ejector and rsa.
    But I've never heard of them exchanging a gun for someone. It might have something to do with the fact that its a totally different gun with different serial numbers etc and the ATF might have a little something to say on that subject. Wouldn't you have to go through the process and paperwork of buying a new gun?
    Just a guess, don't know for sure.

11. bigtimelarry

bigtimelarry

GBPanther41 - If there's a GSSF event (Outdoor) go to it. Take your gun to the Armorer there, he will have all kinds of parts, he will completely take your gun apart and put all brand new stuff in no questions asked. Take your magazines and they will put new magazine springs in too. Then when he's done (probably 20 min total) go sign up and shoot
    the event while your there..

12. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy Silver Member

E-mail Glock. If they think there is a problem they will e-mail to you a shipping label for FEDEX with no cost to you. :supergrin:

13. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster G17 carrier since 1989 Millennium Member

I Fedexed my G17 down to Glock GA and it cost me 50-something dollars. Kind of high, but I got my broken G17 fixed for free.