close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Customer service = Nice

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by thegriz18, Feb 12, 2010.

1. thegriz18

thegriz18 Paper Killer

Glock just kept a customer today. I called about a problem with my G23 magazines and the gentleman helped me fix it. Not only did he do that, he is sending me a new recoil rod assembly, and some floor plate inserts. Sig wanted me to send them my gun and $180 to fix a slide catch. Can you guess what brand of pistol I'll be sticking with?

2. F350

F350

I was passing through Atlanta and stopped by Glock with my pistols

Complete rebuild of 3 pistols...............$0.00
    Rebuild of 2 dozen mags....................$0.00
    Replacement of 3 cracked mag bodies..$0.00

Customer satisfaction........................Priceless!!

3. thegriz18

thegriz18 Paper Killer

How long did the rebuild take?

4. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

AHHH satisfaction

5. HighwayStarPP

HighwayStarPP bang bang bang

you just walked in said hi and turned them over? more info!!!!!!

6. american lockpicker

american lockpicker License to Il

Glock does have great customer service.

7. jdcsail

jdcsail

cant beat a glock!!!

8. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

The guns are good but sounds like the CS is better.

9. GVIFlyer

GVIFlyer Senior Member

In my dealings with Fred, he has always provided first rate customer service and it's clear that he's a gentleman.

10. FuerGrissaOstDrauka

FuerGrissaOstDrauka

So wait, you can send junk mags back to glock and they'll rebuild them??

11. garageman

garageman

I have always had great experiences with Glock. I called the other day with a question for my G19 and they sent me a recoil assembly at no charge...and even sent a calendar. I have been very satisfied with Glock whenever I have called them!

12. frankmako

frankmako

i stopped one day at the mother ship with a g27. twenty minutes later i was out the door with a rebuild gun. they changed everything except the frame, barrel, and slide.

13. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

I called for the new Annual and three days later received it, a very nice calendar, and some stickers.

14. FuerGrissaOstDrauka

FuerGrissaOstDrauka

Called into Glock today about rebuilding crap/defective mags, and I was told if I send a few in with a gun they're replace/fix them, they just wouldn't replace a "whole pile" of beaten up glock mags.

Good thing I only have a few that are truly beat to ****, and they'll be sent in with the 3 g17's I'm sending in to glock to check out to get them replaced!

Glock rules!

15. ainokea

ainokea

Glock does have great customer service, great services too. Sent in to get my slide refinished and they were great about it. They also replaced the internals if needed no charge.

If you go to a GSSF match they also have glock armorers on site and will inpsect your glock and replace any parts if needed.

One of the best companies to deal with in the industry.

16. eaglesfan55

eaglesfan55 (>'-')>

in any industry. how many companies do you deal w/ that will stand behind the product they sell to the point of a complete rebuild at no charge

17. xray678

xray678

I've been to Glock a couple of times to have a gun checked out. Both times the customer service has been outstanding. They will keep me as a customer for a long, long time.

18. Old Coach

Old Coach

I went to Glock Inc yesterday.
    Stop at the gate and the guard gives you a visitors pass, tie wraps your weapons, records the serial nunbers, and lets you enter.
    He sends you to the main lobby.
    You have to ring the bell to get in and the receptionist asks what you need.
    You ask for an armorer. She has you sit and wait and in less than 5 mins the armorer assigned to you comes out.
    Josh was my armorer. Josh asks what you need and listens to you requests.
    I wanted nite sights installed. Josh says $57 per weapon.
    Josh says he will clean and inspect the weapon, replace any worn parts, fire the weapon to ck. function and adj. sites. Then reclean the weapon.
    I am left handed so he tells me he can add ext. slide release to both pistols for no charge.
    Josh tells me I can wait or come back in 2 hrs. I chose to came back later.
    Good time to go the Adventure Outdoors to ck out the guns.
    When I return Josh meets me in the lobby again and tells me he has totally rebuilt both weapons, fitted and adjusted the nite sites, and replaces both mags with new ones.
    Total cost $122 for the night sights with sales tax.
    The rest is part of Glock's customer service.
    Josh thanks me for using their product and tells me to buy more Glocks.
    I assure Josh that i will do just that.

19. SCC

SCC just me

and the best part is if you ccw to glock they don't take that gun and put a tie wrap on it .. i have gone to glock before they put the tie on the then one day i went to glock and the guy at the gate ask to see the gun so he could tie it back and take down the serial number and I ask about my 26 in my waist band and he told me not to remove it from that spot and i would be fine

20. operator81

operator81

And people wonder why Glock is still the +1 pistol in LE. Not only is it reliable, accurate, high capacity in a variety of proven calibers, but Glock stands behind their product 110%. And they sell them to LE at a sharply discounted price and bend over backwards to correct any issue that arrives. When you couple engineering greatness with marketing greatness, only the sky is the limit.

While there are pistols out there that fit me better, and "neater," Glocks does everything I need and more. Here's a link to one professional's take on why his department went with Glock over the Beretta.:
    http://pistol-training.com/articles/kevhs-very-opinionated-guide-to-the-beretta-92

This portion starts about 3/4's of the way through the article:

Do police departments still carry the 92FS and 96F? Why do a lot of departments switch to Glocks and Sigs?

Yes, the Beretta is still carried at departments all over the country. I don’t think Beretta’s problem with losing LE contracts is pistol design. In fact, I think their pistol has an excellent design. I think (actually know) it is that their marketing and LE customer service SUCKS!

I have never experienced any problems with the Beretta’s customer service for the average consumer. I’ve always found them to be prompt and helpful (I shoot Beretta shotguns in addition to my 92FS). I have found consistently that their LE customer service lags.

When my old department went to transition from the S&W 5906 to a 40 S&W gun, the main two guns we were considering were the Glock 22 and Beretta 96 Vertec (Sig was out due to price). The Beretta LE rep in the SF Bay Area dropped off a fairly worn Beretta 92 Vertec test gun one day with one magazine (no box) and said, “Shoot this and let me know if you need anything.” We had a host of questions for him regarding the gun, customer service and parts and he said, “I don’t really know the answers to any of these questions, but I will get back to you.” He never did. He asked me to FexEx the gun back to him a month later. The cost of a 96 Vertec with nightsights for my department would have been $545 a gun at that time and they would not take our old guns on trade. The cost of sending two of us through the armorer school would have been $700.

The Glock rep showed up with a trunk containing every model Glock makes (as well as free T-shirts, ammo and other crap). He’s a retired deputy and went to the range with us to evaluate the guns and answered every question we could think of on the spot. Glock offered to sell us G22’s for $395 with nightsights and took all of our old S&W’s on trade at a good price. Glock sent three of us through its armorer’s school for free and supplied the department with a ton of free parts and other stuff since then. Even after transitioning, the Glock rep would show up occasionally to check up and make sure everything was working ok. When a problem arose (an AD that the officer claimed was the gun’s fault), the rep drove six hours and showed up at the department that evening to help address the issue.

That’s why Glock is moving Beretta and other manufacturers over in the LE marketplace.

If Beretta had gone through and offered models like the CQB with a lightrail dustcover in the LE marketplace for a decent price and provided good marketing and customer service, they’d probably hold their share of the market. Because they didn’t do that they’ve sort of fallen behind.