Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Glock Genius.
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone converted their Glock 30 to 10mm or 400 Corbon? Is there any other caliber you can convert it to? Also, who's converted any of their Glocks, from what to what and how do you like it? I recently got a Lone Wolf 40-9 conversion. Haven't used it yet. I've read no bad reviews on it, but on the other hand, when I look at KKM and Bar Sto barrels, they receive great reviews also. Now if the saying "you get what you pay for" is true, The Lone Wolf barrels are inexpensive, but I've seen no bad reviews, the KKM and Bar Sto barrels are twice that price, what can make them THAT MUCH better to warrant that price tag? I'm no expert shooter no gunsmith, but I do like nice stuff. C'mon folks... Input.

·
Retired police officer and retired holster maker
979 Posts
I have a Glock Model 23 and the Lone Wolf 40-9 conversion. I ran several hundred 9mm through it with no problems. I did buy a couple of 9mm magazines although the conversion will work with the .40 cal. magazines. With the .40 cal magazines I did find a couple of live rounds at my feet after shooting. I did not change the ejector, but might consider doing so if I start experience any ejection issues.

·
Retired Member
9,202 Posts
It may simply be that Lone Wolf markets so aggressively, that they outsell KKM and Bar-Sto by a wide measure, and volume = lower price.

It may also be that with thousands of other wares to sell, Lone Wolf may require far less mark-up on the item in question.

Without a Lone Wolf barrel of my own, and with my limited knowledge of gunsmithing and metallurgy, I can't compare their barrel with my KKM .45 - 10 mm Conversion Barrel.

My 3rd Gen G21 was successfully converted to 10 mm using the following drop-in parts:

- KKM .45 - 10 MM Conversion Barrel
- Glock OEM 10 mm Magazines
- Stainless Steel Captured Guide Rod
- 22 Lb. Recoil Spring

Lone Wolf hooked me up with everything I needed. The staff and service were great! :thumbsup:

The conversion barrel seems to have a slightly steeper feed ramp than the OEM .45 ACP barrel, so reliable feeding with square-nosed and polygonal-nosed bullets was problematic.

Round or bulbous-nosed bullets feed fine, so I've settled on using Double Tap's 135 Grain Nosler, which offers 1600 fps and 767 ft/lbs of muzzle energy--well into .357 magnum country! :wow:

The whole rig was about 1/2 the price of a new G20 (no used 10 mm guns here), all costs figured, and is fine for range play. For hunting or carry, I'd recommend a dedicated 10 mm firearm.

--Ray

·
Glock Genius.
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It may simply be that Lone Wolf markets so aggressively, that they outsell KKM and Bar-Sto by a wide measure, and volume = lower price.

It may also be that with thousands of other wares to sell, Lone Wolf may require far less mark-up on the item in question.

Without a Lone Wolf barrel of my own, and with my limited knowledge of gunsmithing and metallurgy, I can't compare their barrel with my KKM .45 - 10 mm Conversion Barrel.

My 3rd Gen G21 was successfully converted to 10 mm using the following drop-in parts:

- KKM .45 - 10 MM Conversion Barrel
- Glock OEM 10 mm Magazines
- Stainless Steel Captured Guide Rod
- 22 Lb. Recoil Spring

Lone Wolf hooked me up with everything I needed. The staff and service were great! :thumbsup:

The conversion barrel seems to have a slightly steeper feed ramp than the OEM .45 ACP barrel, so reliable feeding with square-nosed and polygonal-nosed bullets was problematic.

Round or bulbous-nosed bullets feed fine, so I've settled on using Double Tap's 135 Grain Nosler, which offers 1600 fps and 767 ft/lbs of muzzle energy--well into .357 magnum country! :wow:

The whole rig was about 1/2 the price of a new G20 (no used 10 mm guns here), all costs figured, and is fine for range play. For hunting or carry, I'd recommend a dedicated 10 mm firearm.

--Ray
Thanks for the feedback, RAY!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have a G20C. Ran it as a .40 (only a bit), then settled on the 9X25 Dillon w/6" barrel as my standard config.

Works fine. No problems that I would attribute to the barrels. Both are Lonewolf.

Also have a AA .22 kit. Not sure if that is within the scope of the conversions you are referring to, but that works splendidly as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts