Glock connector function?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Rusty Shackleford, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford mmhmm

What is it about Glock connectors that cause them to result in different pull weights?

Is a heavier connector "firmer"? Or is it the geometry, or a combination? I'm not really understanding whether the spring to the connector is just to make it reset when the trigger bar returns forward, or if also adds resistance to the trigger bar as it moves rearward, affecting trigger pull weight.

Thx in advance if anyone has a good explanation of how the connector interacts with the trigger bar.

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

The geometry is different, resulting in more or less force to disengage the drop safety and release the firing pin.

3. Glock-N-Fun

Glock-N-Fun

The connector serves two functions,it directs the trigger bar tail downward and it also plays a role in trigger reset.
    The trigger spring helps to reduce trigger pull weight and it pulls the trigger bar upward after the cam on the underside of the slide push's the connector arm away from the trigger bar tail allowing it to move upward for reset.

4. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

5. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford mmhmm

Ah thanks, That ID picture on CGR's link was all I needed to understand how it works.