Glock compensator attached to slide?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by rysa, Mar 14, 2005.

1. rysa

rysa

Anyone know of a compensator that i can attach to the actual slide?

They have several models that attach to a threaded barrel but i would be more interested in something that i can silver solder or weld on to the frame itself since i already have an extended/ported barrel.

I suppose if there arent any out there i could make one out of some aluminum but im lazy and would rather buy it.

2. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

I don't recall ever seeing anything like that.

;?

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

If it is attacned to the slide, and since the slide moves rearward upon firing, how would it function properly?

4. SlammedDime

SlammedDime G23 Member

Thats what I was thinking. I don't know that it would be possible.

5. Hkps1

Hkps1

Just buy a C model Glock, problem solved.:) ;)

6. ColoradoGlocker

ColoradoGlocker Former Member

7. jcmios

jcmios

A comp welded to the slide will not have the effect a compensator is built to do. By having a hold a little bigger then the exterior of the barrel the baffles and chambers will not be able to trap the gasses and redirect then up an to the side. This is accomplished by having the bullet pass through the baffles and chambers with a few thousands clearance. If you have a large hole the gasses will have no resistance and take the path of least resistance which will be straight out behind the bullet. Basically you will have a weight on your slide, and that will help with recoil but their are easier ways to add extra weight to the front of a gun.

8. rysa

rysa

OK...well i guess since all the responses are unanimous this would be a bad thing to do. I was just trying to think of ways to take better advantage of my ported barrel. Thanks for all the responses

9. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Even if it would would mechanically it would not be effective. You want large expansion chambers and plates to work with the gas. Putting that around a ported barrel would limit the gas volume and the effectiveness of the comp.

10. Glock-N-Fun

Glock-N-Fun

A few years ago HK offered a factory comp that was fastened to the rails on the USP,don't know if they ever sold/or released any,but they were in the catalog.Never seen one,they may have had trouble with it,it accually looked good and like it might have worked.

11. GlocksterJeff

GlocksterJeff Glock Armorer

Brownells, the gunsmithing supply house, sells three different brand comps for the 1911 that are integrated with the barrel bushing. Made by EZ, EFK, and Wilson Combat; they have a variety of upward and side facing ports. I have no idea if they actually work, or are mainly for looks.