Glock Talk banner

Glock comparison favor

533 Views 14 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  JoshuaC
If anyone owns both a G17 and G19 sized Glock could you please do me a favor? Could you please either by measuring or by feel tell me which one has a shorter reach to the trigger than the other? I don't actually expect anyone to get a ruler out.

I would do this myself but I don't have both and it would be weird to walk into the gun store with a ruler or tape measure and start measuring Glocks so I'm gonna have to inconvenience you guys.

I have held both and the G19 seems to have a fatter grip than the G17. In other words I'm asking for someone to concur or disagree with this.

Thanks a lot to anyone who does this.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,276 Posts
If anyone owns both a G17 and G19 sized Glock could you please do me a favor? Could you please take both guns and measure or even just go by feel to see if one has a shorter reach to the trigger than the other?

I would do this myself but I don't have both and it would be weird to walk into the gun store with a ruler or tape measure and start measuring Glocks.

Thanks a lot to anyone who does this.
Local gun stores normally feel no pain if you ASK to compare two guns.
If they do present any problems then move on to the next store.:wavey:

· Registered
89 Posts
I just checked and there is absolutely no difference at all on both guns as far as distance to the trigger. The main differences are about 1/2" longer on the grip and 1/2" longer barrel/slide wise but I am sure you already know that... Aside from those dimensional differences and 2 more rounds of capacity I don't feel there is any other differences...

· Registered
398 Posts
The popcorn thing "sometimes" means, you asked a good question..The poster is interested in you post and might learn something from other answers..

I'd say this is a good post and I'll be watching to see what people say.I don't like popcorn as much as chips..The kernals stick in my teeth

· Registered
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Someone once told me that they though the Glock compact grip felt like they cut off the top part of the grip rather than the bottom. and put it back on the gun. This in my opinion would make it fatter at the top of the grip.

· Mad Scientist
148 Posts
I've heard people saying some prefer the 19 feel over the 17 grip feel... and it does seem like there's a small difference in feel, but not enough that I could identify between the two if i did it with my eyes closed... in fact, i just did it and i couldn't so...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.