close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

glock compact 10mm

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by PaleGreenHorse, Jan 6, 2005.

1. PaleGreenHorse

PaleGreenHorse 10mm

Is there a specific reason why glock does not have a compact 10mm yet? They seem to be throwing all 3 sizes out there for the GAP while us 10'ers are still stuck with 2 sizes, what gives?

2. Brasso

Brasso Millennium Member

I don't think I would want a glock smaller than the 29 in 10mm. Maybe they don't think it would sell very well.

3. instigator

instigator

i think he means like that of the 19,23 etc.. all we got was the full and sub compact for the large frames

4. klmmicro

klmmicro

THe G29 is darn near the dimensions of a G23, so though they call it a "sub-compact", it would work to think if it as a "compact" model. I am not sure what they could change to make a real 3rd frame size.

The 10mm cartdridge is long like the .45ACP and there is just no viable way to make the grip smaller except to go to a single stack design. What works for 9mm, .40 and now .45GAP is physically not an option for the 10mm and .45ACP.

I think all we can do is keep sending our support of a single stack Glock alternative for the 10mm and .45. Maybe some day we will garner enough attention to bear some fruit.

5. PaleGreenHorse

PaleGreenHorse 10mm

Something like a glock 36 slimline would be very nice chambered for the 10mm, I know it would probably have a 6-7 round capacity but honestly with the power of a 10mm thats more than enough to stop even the most vicious of 2 legged varmints. Maybe if the 36 has problems selling Glock might reflect that factor in that the demand for a mid 10 wouldnt be cost effective?

6. Mild Bill

Mild Bill Millennium Member

This I could see... Otherwise the G29 is really the same size as a G19, only thicker...
    It's a compact, not a sub...
    God knows why they call it that...

My favorite Glock grip is that of the 29/30 so I would never want one that's thinner...

;c

7. bac1023

bac1023

The G29 and G30 are basically the same size as the G19. The 10mm and 45acp come in two sizes. BTW, the G29 is a compact, despite what Glock says.

8. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

The thing of it is for me is that instead of asking for a 7 shot 10mm version of the G36, I would think that you 10mm guys would rather have a 13 shot 10mm stretched version of the G23 with a longer grip to take the 10mm (and maybe a fat G37/38 looking slide if needed for slide velocity)

The 23 is only a fraction of an inch larger than the 36 in every aspect except grip length, so a G23 with a stretched 10mm grip length would feel very much like the G36 in the hand, but have twice the number of booolits (and 10mm's at that!!)

My thinking being that if you can fit 13 rounds of 40 into a gun that has the G23 grip height and grip width, then you should also be able to squeeze 13 10mm's into a grip that is the same width and height (but longer).

Im pretty sure it would be doable if Glock were willing to make yet another frame size, (which I suspect the are not likely to do), and some of the recoil damping of the G20/29 having the 45 acp sized frames would sorely be missed, but the fact is that the grips of the current glock 10mm's are bigger than they have to be for any given mag capacity.

likewise - why couldnt a 9 shot 10mm be made that has the G27 grip width and height (but longer gripped for the 10mm).

Going bigger - if the G22 can hold 15 rounds of 40 cal, then it should be possible to make a full size gun that is the same 1.18 " thickness as the G22 and holds 15 rounds of 10mm auto. The G20 grip is wider than the G22 grip not because it has to be, but because its cheaper to make it on the same mould as the G21.

Just a couple of random thoughts from a 35 year old on a Friday night.

Rusty

9. ILikeFtLbs

ILikeFtLbs

The 29 is already so close to the 23 that all you need for those extra 3 rounds is a grip extension. The barrel is already the same length.

I'd love to see the 36 in 10mm. I have one in .45 and it's is great.

Maybe a longslide too.

I'd also like to see conversion packages sold. EX: Call it the 20/21 and pack it with both uppers and one receiver. Beretta is already doing it with the 92/96 series. Cost should come out to 700-800 I guess.

10. Dead Man's Hand

Dead Man's Hand No Way to Win

Here is a great thread on 10mmTalk where we were discussion sub-compacts especially the 10mm in which we came to the conclusion that lighter and skinnier slides are just not enough to stand up to the beating of the 10mm.

http://www.10mmtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=1018

11. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

I agree with you that a 29 with a plus two is gonna be real close to a 23 except it is gonna be thicker in the slide (which it has to be for the 10mm) and thicker in the grip (which I would argue it doesnt have to be).

The true doublestack 45 grips on the 21/30 are too wide for some, and wider than they NEED to be for the 10mm 20/29.

There is a lot of plastic going around the outside of that 20/29 10mm mag making the thing wider so it can work in the doublestack 45 21/30.

Wouldnt it be nice if we could go back in time to 1990 and have Gaston design the G21 as a 10 shot 1.18" wide 45 acp, and the G20 as a 1.18" wide 15 shot 10mm?

Mr Glock - please - I would like a G23 stretched to take the 10mm with a 13 round mag.