close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock cleaning and lubrication.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by -, May 15, 2004.

1. Guest

I am sure that this thread has been posted before, but I am new to the "Glock World" and to Glock Talk and I need to know what is going to be best for my new G22. What are the preferred products for (1)cleaning and (2)lubricating Glock pistols?

2. Old&Slow

Old&Slow

Use the search function for "cleaning" / "lubricating" and you will get enough threads to keep you reading until next Fri. ;)

3. Uncle Don

Uncle Don Wood butcher

The key is to use lube sparingly. One drop on the barrel will take care of everything you need to do there. Another important drop is the one on the connector. Other than that, one drop in each slot on the slide allowing gravity to take it down into the slots, one very small drop on the portion of the slide in which the top of the bbl runs back and forth. Nothing at all in the firing pin channel.

Don

4. Dandapani

Dandapani

Someone asked about this on another thread. All the "illustrations" showing this oil point aren't very clear; neither are the pictures on glockmeister. Would someone kindly post a clear picture of the exact place to put the drop of oil for the connector?

TIA!

5. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

Butch has an excellent picture that he's posted in several threads. Maybe he'll come along and post it again.

6. Uncle Don

Uncle Don Wood butcher

Butch probably has a better picutre but I thought I'd give it a crack with my digital. The line points to the area where the drop of oil goes - the circle covers the area that that is the top side of where the oil is supposed to end up through gravity.

The reason is that the back of the trigger bar bears against this area (connector) and is directed downward because as you can see, it's at an angle. This results in the other part of the trigger bar (the part over the spring) that holds back the firing pin assembly having to let go of it causing the gun to fire. The round part that is not in the circle is pushed inward by the ramp protrusion in the bottom of your slide -which causes the trigger bar to come back up again when the slide comes back during fire. Clear as mud?

Don

7. Guest

Yes, thanks! All of these suggestions were very helpful. Especially the picture that "Uncle Don" sent.

8. rpfsys

rpfsys

Thanks for the clear picture. It's a big help for a newbie, as I was not very sure where exactly that lube point was.