Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Banned
6,920 Posts
:wow: Yeah, I've often thought about getting one of those things, too!

Mech-Tech Systems

·
Banned
6,920 Posts
Yes, he certainly did. But, I wasn't going to say anything. ;)

·
Registered
422 Posts
We all make mistakes. I shot that video and fired the gun. It is beyond cool! Took about thirty seconds MAX to convert from pistol to carbine. Accurate as hell too! We went out a little further and it had some nice groups!

·
Registered
728 Posts
with his finger on the trigger...... also, that thing looks ugly. i would rather have one of thoese foldout magpul ones.
You need to watch the video again. MY finger was NOT on the trigger, but away to the side. :yawn:

You might want a magpul FMG9 but you probably will never see or be able to buy one anyways. :tongueout:

On that note, we shot 150 or 160rounds through it with various 115gr, 124gr+P and 147gr ammo without issues, I think it could be bumpfired rather easily as I was barely pulling the trigger when I was shooting it quickly. Great little conversion to have if you need to shoot something farther out and for more power than form the pistol itself. This was strictly a function test for speed and feeding, and was only shooting it at close range with the mini red dot.

Now I don't have to buy an even more expensive dedicated 9mm rifle. :cool:

I'm surprised it's already going around the net. We only put it up earlier today.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I went with the IGB setup instead...

·
Registered
728 Posts
I've been told that a stock on a pistol would make it a AOW.
A pistol only becomes an AOW if you add a vertical front grip or some other aspects like a smoothbore barrel.

If you add just the rear stock to a pistol, it becomes an SBR. But if it has a 16" barrel and the stock, it's legit as a rifle.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A pistol only becomes an AOW if you add a vertical front grip or some other aspects like the weight I believe.

If you add just the rear stock to a pistol, it becomes an SBR. But if " barrel it's legit as a rifle.
Interesting. Does the stock also work with a 19?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
A pistol only becomes an AOW if you add a vertical front grip or some other aspects like a smoothbore barrel.

If you add just the rear stock to a pistol, it becomes an SBR. But if it has a 16" barrel and the stock, it's legit as a rifle.
This is also my understanding based on the US Supreme Court Thompson Contender opinion and the subsequent ATF interpretations/regulations. You just have to install the barrel first...lol

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Interesting. Does the stock also work with a 19?
I seem to remember IGB making a 16" barrel for a Glock 19. The problem is leverage. Remember how the Glock barrel tilts when the gun is fired, well, less slide makes it harder to do so.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I seem to remember IGB making a 16" barrel for a Glock 19. The problem is leverage. Remember how the Glock barrel tilts when the gun is fired, well, less slide makes it harder to do so.
That's the reason I went with the full conversion upper instead of the barrel/glock stock myself. I tell you though the mactech upper is heavy. Must be at least 3.5lbs.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
That's the reason I went with the full conversion upper instead of the barrel/glock stock myself. I tell you though the mactech upper is heavy. Must be at least 3.5lbs.
Well, I don't have a Glock 19, so it really doesn't matter to me. And this kit adds very little weight.

You have your Glock 17 ccw holstered, get to your shooting location and decide you want/need a carbine, and 10 seconds later, you have a carbine. Use it the same way you use any other carbine...

1 - 20 of 140 Posts