glock carbine

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by DJack, Dec 4, 2003.

1. DJack

DJack

2. 49+hudson

49+hudson

like it would make a good cane or walking stick for the elderly!

3. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Lifetime Member Millennium Member

It's just a Mech-Tech Carbine Conversion Unit (you have to have a G21 to begin with, it's just an upper reciever). They're not bad accuracy wise especially for fast shooting with a dot sight, I've shot the G22 version. If you just HAVE to have a Glock-based .45 carbine this is it for now, though Beretta's new CX4 Storm is better made with more option (looks nicer too) though it's limited to the 8-round Beretta .45 mags, it's leftie/rightie switchable ejection, comes setup for an M3 light and has a rail already. Costs more, but you get what you pay for.

If you've got the $$ and want it bad enough, the CCU's ok, but for a .45 carbine, I'd really rather have the Beretta.

4. 93GT

93GT The Ogre

anyone hear anything about highcapacity mags coming out in 45 since ban is up or seen them for sale anywhere?

5. one good cop

one good cop GIANT GLOCK FAN

mech tech on a 21 glock cool factor 100%

6. duncan

duncan Lifetime Member Millennium Member

Olympic Arms makes an AR-15 variant using Uzi mags for hi cap 45 ACP shooting. Or they can alter your Glock 21 mags.

I have the 9mm Oly and it's an awesome pistol caliber carbine.

Skip that Mech Tech conversion stuff!

7. one good cop

one good cop GIANT GLOCK FAN

olympic probally makes a good pistol caliber carbine but all the ar-15's i've seen have been of questionable quality...maby they have a different person over quality control..... sorry duncan I'm just burnt on olympic's

8. Trent0341

Trent0341

Actually they do make one for the g30 now according to their website. I asked about these a few days ago but didn't recieve a response. Overall the opinion seems mediocre on this thread.

9. TNRonin

TNRonin Happy g21/g19 /g43 owner! Millennium Member

They will really have to alter the mags, they don't even come close to fitting a standard lower receiver.

10. smince

smince

When I bought my CCU, they were only made for 1911, in .45ACP. If I had to do it all over, I would probably buy a Glock model. As it is, mine has been so accurate and reliable, i can't bring myself to sell or trade it.

Mine is in a Springfield 1911 frame, BSA red dot, sight rail, stock cover, and a few of my own mods. I use Wilson and Ed Brown 10 rounders exclusively, and have zero feed problems. Best accuracy is with Black Hills 230 +P HP's.

Added a vertical foregrip, Surefire tac light, Tac sling, and re-tapped the front sight hole to 8-36 and added an XS 24/7 AR15 tritium night sight. I tried to post a picture unsuccessfully.