close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock <branded> Red Mag Baseplates... Do they exsist?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by _Taco_, Jan 30, 2010.

1. _Taco_

_Taco_

This may be a question for another forum...

I purchased a Glock 22P <red base Glock>. It came with no mags...

I found some information here:
    http://www.nioa.net.au/Defence/Suppliers/Glock/Default.aspx
    GLOCK R/P Training Pistols

The GLOCK P is identical to a GLOCK full-sized pistol in all aspects except it cannot fire live rounds, and its frame and magazine base plates are coloured red. The GLOCK P also has a blocked barrel, and is available with or without resetting trigger.

The GLOCK R is identical to a GLOCK full-sized pistol in all aspects except it cannot fire live rounds, and its frame and magazine base plates are coloured red, and a has a resetting trigger.

This enables instructors to totally eliminate the risk of an accidental discharge during such training as loading and unloading magazines, sight alignment, grip, stance, trigger control, breathing, drawing from the holster and other operational scenarios.

It says the mag base plates are red. I see Glock selling Orange and Blue along with their standard Black plates. Is this information incorrect? Does the red base plate not exist? If they do exist, where can I get them? When I google the images, I see some with black mags, some with orange mags, and a few smaller images with red mags <that may just be a photoshop for explanation purposes>.

2. jdeere_man

jdeere_man CLM

I'm not familair with a Glock OEM red baseplate, but that's not saying it doesn't exist.

Pearce Grips offered, at least at one time, colored baseplates avaliable in a variety of colors. I'm not sure if they still offer these or not. I am sure red was one of the colors avaliable.

3. MySiK26

MySiK26 ******

I've got a few orange and blue ones to identify them by caliber/color besides the normal black ones. Not sure if you can get red ones, but if not, and you really want them....get the black ones duracoated :dunno:

4. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

I got mine new, and it came with plain black mags. I use an orange mag with it though. I've never seen, or even heard of a red mag floorplate.....but then, there is always red spray paint made for use on plastics......Krylon?

[​IMG]

5. _Taco_

_Taco_

If they don't exist, then I don't really need one. I was going for the 'authentic' look.

In my 'travels' I have also never seen a type 'R', just the type 'P'. Are there 'R' Glocks? I assumed that the 'P' was the resetting version.

6. Butch

Nope, they exist.....'R' stands for 'Repeat', 'P' stands for 'Practice'.

7. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

Didn't believe me on FSN??? :rofl:

8. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

They do make them, or they did at one time, at least. I picked one up in a group of used mags I bought from CDNN, years ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Butch

Neat!

Want to trade for a pretty orange one? Blue one? Both? :)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  10. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Thanks for the offer, but not at this time. :supergrin:

Does the little number "1" mean anything special on the mag body? I don't remember seeing this before:

[​IMG]

11. Butch

Oh well, let me know if you change your mind and start thinking it would look really goodly on the bottom of my G22P! :)

Sorry, I have no idea why they have that 1 on there. I suspect that like the G19 barrels, they made some small change that's not real obvious and the 1 is just their way of marking it to signify it?