close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock book

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by imjin138, May 5, 2012.

1. imjin138

imjin138

I took my daughters to the Brookfield WI Barnes and Noble, it was not posted so I was carrying my G23. I bought the book Glock the rise of America's gun by Paul Barrett. When i was checking out the woman behind the counter said "Glock, yuck" I just smiled and paid for my stuff and left.

Got home and wrote a letter to B&N telling them I wasn't happy with their clerk, I could have bought the girly mags instead. I normally go to the local one here in Racine and never have a problem.

2. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

Good that you complained. Not sure it will matter though.

3. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

You should also call and ask for the manager and complain. People buy all kinds of books from there all the time, from weight lose to bedroom tips to self help books and people shouldnt be judged or ridiculed. That is another reason why so many prefer buying books online.

I bet she has stuff in her closet that she wouldnt want to be judged on and be really ashamed of (buzz, buzz, vibrate, vibrate) :whistling:

:50cal:

4. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

I did a quick search for the owner/CEO of B&N. It is very difficult to find out what political choice William Lynch, CEO of Barns and Noble, has. His address, background, and friends are all public knowledge. Yet his political contributions and support are a mystery. Try an internet search or records search of him. All the info avoids politics... interesting.

5. bam1131

bam1131

haha:rofl:
    Making comments to people like that probably means she isn't much of a people person and is very lonely(buzz,buzz, vibrate,vibrate)

6. imjin138

imjin138

The one I went today is larger than my local one and I was looking for military history books, but bought the Glock book and one titled the complete handgun defensive book.

I have to figure it is a suburb of Milwaukee and take that into consideration.

7. ijacek

ijacek

That's why I stopped going to places where people behind the counter think that they are somehow better than those they are supposed to SERVE!

The B&N was first one! I just get my stuff from Amazon, I know "the wait" but it's cheaper!

I also don't drink coffee from the all inclusive interstellar shop, because I was getting tired of answering fifty questions before I could sip on a medium coffee with cream and sugar!

just sayin'

8. imjin138

imjin138

I do alot on Amazon too, it is cheaper my daughters like the snack bar and I like my coffee just like the Army made it. Melts the spoon.:supergrin:

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  9. BBSRQ

BBSRQ

Maybe she was a S&W fan? :supergrin:

10. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

:animlol: and maybe she's upset the Sigma isnt as popular :whistling:

:50cal:

11. Averageman

Averageman

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TSA[​IMG]

I bet she has stuff in her closet that she wouldnt want to be judged on and be really ashamed of (buzz, buzz, vibrate, vibrate) :whistling:

haha:rofl:
    Making comments to people like that probably means she isn't much of a people person and is very lonely(buzz,buzz, vibrate,vibrate)

Actually Briggs and Straton powered personal back massagers make a totally different noise but have higher RPM's and better deep massage therapy.
    These are stirictly for lonely Librarian types who have snotty opions on your gun and literature choices.
    You can usually identify these ladies by the exhaust pipe running out the bedroom window and loose dental fillings.

12. truetopath

truetopath

Hey at least she knew what a Glock was, she shouldn't have given her personal opinion though.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

13. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

Maybe she is a 1911 fan and looks down upon us Glock lovers :)