close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Blew!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by -, Jun 1, 2003.

1. Guest

I was at the Range the other Day and I was just starting the fun, and I was about 10 Rounds into the Winchester White box 165 Grain Target/Range Ammo. On the 10 or 11 Shot I saw Metal pieces fly out of the gun and then the slide came off. I looked at the gun and the Springs blew out and the Slide release for removing the Slide was totally Gone.... I called glock and Explained that I Have to Qualify for the Local PD and I need My gun!! So they are sending me a new one..... So I wait and see what I get....

2. pinhead

pinhead

wow- I think you are the only person to report this with new factory ammo and not poorly made reloads.

bob

3. .40Sig

.40Sig Back home Millennium Member

Are you okay?

4. noway

noway

{Slide release for removing the Slide was totally Gone.}

Are we talking about a gun blowing up or a takedown lever sping failure causing the gun slide to come loose? What actually are you talking about?

5. Morris

Morris CLM

Just so I can do some verification work (PD also), any lot numbers on the load, true KB or did the take down & spring disappear. Any other information you can give would help. Thanks for the initial heads up though!

6. Randy Dandy

Randy Dandy

So if I call Glock and tell them my Glock [blew], will they just send
    me a new one too?

7. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

It sure sounds like his slide lock spring broke, and the slide came off. I broke a slide lock spring too. It happens occasionally. Just get a new spring, and pick up the slide lock off the ground. Re-assemble.

This is not a blown gun, just a spring breakage.

Koski

8. sarge

sarge Millennium Member

I was kind of wondering the same thing. I'll let you know tomorrow what they say.

9. CarlosDJackal

CarlosDJackal

I have managed to shoot my Glock without the slide lock lever and springs on it safely. If this is the "damage", I can't see needing a new gun to replace this. Do you happen to have a Certified Armorer in your organization? This is only a few minutes' work if that is, in fact, what happened.

10. ERASER

ERASER Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!

I have a quick question:

If the spring went "sproing" and the slide "slid" forward and off the frame, did you check for rail damage?

11. Guest

The Slide lock mechanism actually blew out and was on the ground along with pieces of the spring. I called Glock today and asked to see when I will get my gun back and what they are doing, the Tech told me that they are sending a New Glock 23 to me with Glock Night Sights, They said they will pursue Winchester for the price to replace it. I sent the ammo with it that I was shooting so they can test it or do whatever they want to do. I think the reason they are moving alittle faster is that I told them that I have to Qualify with the Local PD to see If I can get on the local police force. The guy said that they are starting the inventory right now so I hope it beats that.

My hands tingled for an Hour or two but other than that it did not hurt me at least.

Should be interesting to see what Happens.

12. allglock

allglock Guest

Do you have a lot# on the ammo?

13. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

So the spring broke, and the slide stop fell out. Why is this the ammo's fault? Sounds to me like it's the spring's fault.

14. Randy Dandy

Randy Dandy

Good question Steve!

15. Guest

I dont have the lot # sorry. The Tech on the phone from Glock said to send it and they would test it.. So I sent it so they would be happy and just get my gun to me as soon as possible.

16. BZ422

BZ422

If the weapon was undamaged physically, you could get the parts needed from one of several online places, Glockmeister comes to mind. I think the replacement parts are about $8.00 for everything needed to fix it right back up again, and it most likely would be much faster than waiting for the factory to get your gun back to you.

17. HadEmAll

HadEmAll

Edited to remove comments

18. RaiderRodney

RaiderRodney Just Win Baby

I'm not worried about it. I had Wal-mart order me a case of 165gr Winchester FMJ's this week. They are supossed to be in tomorrow. I guess I'll find out..

19. MyGlockRocks

MyGlockRocks SLABSIDER

Sounds exactly what my G21 did ! Glock fixed everything, no questions asked. All it cost me was the next day shipping to Glock.
    I sold it after I got it back from Glock.

20. ReflexBlade

ReflexBlade

I am a little confused here,

From what I am able to gather from G23-Fordman, it seems as if your G23's disassembly latch spring broke, and NOT a KB of any sort.

If it was an ammo fault (i.e. excessive pressure) he sould have had a blown cartridge case, carcked frame near the trigger guard, blown out cracked magazine and blown extractor, or a cracked barrel, but you don't mentions any of these things.

I see it as a slide lock/disassembly latch spring failure, and possibly the latch itself cracked?

How is this an ammo problem?
    Is your Glock damaged in any of the ways I mentioned above?
    Try get an armorer fit (or do it yourself, it's really easy) a new slide lock latch and spring.

Try the gun out again, there souldn't be anything wrong with it, certainally not needing a new gun because a slide lock broke!

Please clarify the siuation, did you have a case/cartridge rupture, i.e. die the shell explode inside the chamber, and damage the surrounding area?

Due to the fact that you say the slide fell of forwrds, it indicates that you simply broke the slide lock and spring, yes, the slides willl simply slide off forward with nothing to hold them to the reciever.