close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

glock barrels

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by glockguy67, Jul 17, 2012.

1. glockguy67

glockguy67

i was watching hickock45 and he said he shot his g20 better with the lone wolf barrel whats wrong with the glock barrell?

2. ParisArms

ParisArms

Was that the one with that DoubleTap ammo? That particular ammo doesn't like Glock's rifling.
    IMHO there is nothing wrong with Glocks barrels. Glock opens up their tolerances, trading off accuracy for function.

3. glockguy67

glockguy67

that was the one wiyh the double tap thanks paris

4. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Accuracy wise, never had a problem with any factory barrel from Glock. Case support? That's another story, especially with the G20, that tale, has been told. Accuracy though, not found a "better" alternative. 25 yards, shooting at clay birds on a hill side, desinegrate, with every pull of the trigger. What more could one want?:dunno: Oh and for the most part, don't shoot Double tap ammo. If it's not loaded by me, it's underwoodammo. About half the price of DT, and every bit as good , if not better!!!!!

5. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

The Lone Wolf barrel has a match grade chamber and, somewhat, tighter conventional rifling. For what it is the standard Glock barrel is fine for all combat use. Very few combat pistoleros engage targets at those longer distances that Hickok 45 likes to shoot at.

There is nothing, per se, wrong with a factory stock Glock barrel. As for myself? I would much prefer to pistol gunfight with a stock Glock barrel rather than use one of Lone Wolf's tight (and potentially temperamental) target barrels; AND, I'll bet Hickok45 feels the same way! ;)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  6. gator378

gator378 Gator378

They suck. I went through two, one under warranty due to severe smileys with factory ammo. The second factory barrel amost as bad. For almost 10 yeas had the barsto barrel with no smileys no mater how hot I load them. Barsto has regular rifling so can use lead, plated or anything out there. Plus I get 20 fps more velocity over the Chrony consistly. Not much.

7. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

When you say, 'they' are you referring to Lone Wolf barrels? If so, this is the very first time I've ever heard that. (Not that I use them, of course. I use Bar-Sto Precision barrels, apparently just like you.)

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/3176/p6050016s.jpg

8. gator378

gator378 Gator378

When I said they I was referring to Glock barrels. I do not have any experience with Lone Wolf barrels. The big bulges in factory ammo from a Glock barrel made me a little nervous.

9. barth

barth six barrels

Skilled shooters may group better with an after market near match barrel.
    The average guy may not see any improvement.
    My Storm Lake barrels (5) have been 100% reliable.
    My Bar-Sto occasionally gives a FTF (1 in ~200).
    I'm having an extended triple ported Bar-Sto made for my
    Sig Sauer P239/357. And am requesting the chamber be opened
    for hollow points. I'm hoping that will give 100% reliability.
    Will know early next month.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  10. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Well, you've every right to be; it's mostly common sense. The situation, today, is nowhere near as severe or pronounced as it used to be, even, 5 years ago. The factory has been quietly working on the problem of too loose tolerances and too large chamber rebates. Here's a photo of some of Glock's chamber mouth rebates that we're discussing:

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/2205/bigversionofglockrebate.jpg

(9mm, 357 SIG, 40, 10mm, & 45 ACP)

Here's another picture of a more recently made G-21 barrel:

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/715/glock45acpbarrelrebateag6.jpg

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012