Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to install a after market barrel for shooting lead bullets.
Who sells these barrels ?
Is these barrels "Drop In" or do they need "Fitting" ?
Would a barre for a Model 21 also work in a Model 30 ?

Thanks,
Jimmy

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Any barrel with traditional lands and grooves riffeling is fine with lead - which is almost all the aftermarket barrels.

Some aftermarket barrels (typically competition barrels) do require fitting but they will specify if they’re intended to be fitted by a gunsmith.

A G21 barrel will not work in a G30, the spacing of the barrel lugs is different.

Lonewolf does have a good reputation for barrels.

·
Texas Born & Bred
3,686 Posts
I have had good luck with my Storm Lake .45-10mm conversion barrel in my G30. Did not require any fitting and was accurate out of the box. All that was required extra were proper mags for the applicable caliber.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
I’ve owned both Lone Wolf and KKM. I’ve been pleased with both but prefer the KKM if i had to choose one.

·
PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
11,961 Posts
I know this topic has been discussed many, many times here on GT, and I know it is not recommended to shoot lead in your Glock...THBS if you are shooting hard-cast at target velocities, it has been my experience firing thousands of such rounds, that there will not be a leading issue...just one man's experience for what it is worth

·
Registered
37,601 Posts
I have after market from LW, KKM & Stormlake, all are good. IMO though, the whole lead bullet thing in a glock is just a none issue. Clean your barrel more often when shooting lead, or buy coated lead bullets for reloading.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
I would like to install a after market barrel for shooting lead bullets.
Who sells these barrels ?
Is these barrels "Drop In" or do they need "Fitting" ?
Would a barre for a Model 21 also work in a Model 30 ?

Thanks,
Jimmy
Get this now, they are going to run out of them.

Our Price
$49.95
https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=236368

It has support into the extractor grove and shoots
lead great.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
KIM barrels are great... and run $165
barsto at more accurate, at $230 and must be fitted,,, 99% of the shooters do not need the edge in accuracy barsto produces..
I will not use lone wolf,, and have no comments on alpha wolf barrels,,, I've been thinking of trying one

·
Registered
458 Posts
My one and only experience with after market barrels has been with Storm Lake. I purchased a match grade, drop in barrel on ebay for $100. It dropped in without any binding, at the range i was getting flashes from around the breach area. I later installed the factory barrel and it had little to no play pushing down on the crown. With the Storm Lake barrel installed, it moved up and down 1/8". Installed my OEM barrel and called it a day! Sent Storm Lake an email with no reply :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm new to Glock and the forum. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with L2D Combat aftermarket barrels? I've looked at the ones that are mentioned the most; I'm simply inquiring about this specific one... details, experience, opinions, etc.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts