GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got an old glock barrel. Its got to be 25 plus years old? I got it for free from a friend that worked at a shooting range. Its a Glock G17 model barrel. Its in great shape. It barely has wear on the finish. Its not worn through the finish on the top and bottom of the barrel. But its been shot in a gun. I have never used it. But its shiny. From where it rubs, smiley. Its not a pencil barrel. It looks like the old tenifer treatment finish. That has the dull matte topcoat? The barrel has no serial number at all. No L***** marking at all. For the barrel serial number. The right side of it(ejection) side) has 9X19 at the rear. The Glock mark to the front of the center. And a penastar at the front. All of these marks are on the top line where a normal barrel is marked with the serial number. No other marks at all. It appears to be a normal glock barrel. And drops in the G17 gen 3 that I had out to compare the barrels. The lock up is the same as gen 3. But the upper rear of the breach is way thicker on the unmarked barrel. If anybody could be of any help determining what gen or how old this is that would be great.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
It's an early factory Glock 9mm barrel (replacement) before they utilized L serial numbers, as required for US import, I believe. It appears a few slipped in at some point in the Gen 1 or Gen 2 era. Mine came with an early Gen 1 replacement slide "S130".

I have one of these barrels as well (no serial number), have not seen another one in the wild. Care to post a few photos? Mine is posted below.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts