glock back from factory with new frame

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by dmb12984, Aug 4, 2005.

1. dmb12984

dmb12984

i just got my glock 30 back from the factory today after it was sent in for the "frame upgrade." it was only gone about a week and a half. when i opened the box to my surprise it had the new g30 frame with the rails. anyone else get theres back with the new rail frame??? i love it by the way.

2. rob99rt

rob99rt

Yep, a couple months ago I got a new frame on mine... none of my Kydex holsters would work, either (the downside to the frame upgrade). Comp-Tac is the only one making holsters for it, to my knowledge.

3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Sword 4 Hire

Does the new frame still get a different serial number or did they finally start matching the it with the old serial number?

4. dmb12984

dmb12984

it still has the 1 in front followed by the original number.

5. Tim Jacobs

Tim Jacobs

Was there a reason you needed an upgrade? Was it a recall? I own an early model 30 and would LOVE to have Glock give me a frame with rails. Is there any way I can check?

6. dmb12984

dmb12984

you have to call glock and get them to check your serial number. just say i was wondering if my glock 30 was affected by the frame upgrade. then give them the serial number and they will let you know. it was not a recall just an optional thing that the warrenty department was doing. only the guns with serial numbers starting with E were affected. here is the number to call glock

770-432-1202

7. Gary_P

Gary_P

I called about 3-4 weeks ago, was told would take 6-8 weeks to get frame from Austria, get a call 2 &1/2 weeks later. Frame is here. now I gotta find a shipping source, same day I wrap the pistol up, my Wrecker driver has to pickup a dealer transfer from.....Smyrna,GA.

the gears begin turning. I type up a fancy schmansy letter, give him directions in Smyrna and off he goes. All is well.

not 5 days later,and these are not working days mind you, the UPS guy drops off my Frame upgraded G30, (and YES it has the rails) with added Trij/night sites I had installed.

I couldn't have been more surprised than to see this on my counter when I returned from the range today.

Life is good.

Gary

8. CORBON

CORBON

Sent mine in because of a small crack in the frame.When I got it back and opened the box,it had rails!!
    They also upgraded the extractor and sent along a Glock keychain.

9. CORBON

CORBON

I got a new serial number.