close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock armorer's school

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by wayneinFL, Jan 16, 2005.

1. wayneinFL

wayneinFL

What do you have to do to take a Glock armorer's course?

How much is it, who would you contact, and would you have to go to Georgia?

2. RandySmith

RandySmith

3. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan

You must be law enforcement or a Glock stocking dealer to attend. No, you don't have to go to GA to take the class.

4. wayneinFL

wayneinFL

5. CovertPenguins

CovertPenguins Member Me

Why, other than liability avoidance, would you want to become a Glock armorer?

I'm not trying to bait you. Are you looking into becoming the armorer of an entire fleet of guns and need the certificate? If not, 45 minutes in this forum will teach you enough to fix darn near any problem with a Glock.

6. RandySmith

RandySmith

You get to learn the secret handshake. [;)]

Seriously though, there are things you will pick up in the class that just aren't mentioned elsewhere. You will also learn the proper way to do things - important.

As far as learning everything you need to know in 45 minutes on the board... there are some very knowledgeable people who post on here and in other forums. However, all too often, incorrect information is given by several posters before the correct information shows up. For someone just starting out, it is difficult to know which is what.

If you can get in the class, go. If it turns out to be the worst course you ever attended, you are only out $100 and 8 hours.

You can also buy parts direct from the factory. No more middleman with 300%-500% markups and $7 shipping on a $2 part. Get your $100 back in part savings.

Randy

7. CovertPenguins

CovertPenguins Member Me

Randy, I'm sure that the course has some value. If you want to go, by all means, please do.

Based solely on personal experience with my Glocks, and in spite of my complete ineptitude with all things mechanical, I've yet to run into a problem or parts change that required an armorer.

I did have a Glock armorer install the night sights that I bought from him, but I had to tap the rear sight into proper alignment after my first range session. Not a big deal, but not exactly an expert installation in my opinion.

FWIW, I know there can be some misleading information on the Internet. The rule of thumb I use is to wait for WalterGA to post. Then, you're safe. Funny, Walter's "not a Glock armorer" either. ^c