Glock Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
An older Glock Armorer's Manual from a 2011 AC, page 94 of 94, entitled Glock Safe Action Firing Pin Markers shows the 'caliber code' placed on all Glock firing (striker) pins made at that time. (The 'markings' can be a bit hard to see upon inspection..)(the Chart also includes a bolded statement,"no markings for standard configuration" which i do not fully understand)

MY QUESTION:
IF you have a *2018-2019 'Glock Armorer's Manual', does your manual also include the "Glock Safe Action Firing Pin Markers" information? YES/NO.

Reactions: GSD17

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Surely there MUST be a few Armorer's on this website...!!!

·
Thread Killer
2,471 Posts
I'm an armorer, but I don't have a newer manual handy.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
"I don't have a newer manual handy" - I can see why...!! If you remember and when you do have a manual handy, you could reply then. :)

·
Thread Killer
2,471 Posts
"I don't have a newer manual handy" - I can see why...!! If you remember and when you do have a manual handy, you could reply then.
PS: is the water you and your friend are the Gulf of Mexico along the Alabama coastline ?
That was from our honeymoon a few years ago. It is Half Moon Cay in the Bahamas.

Alabama beach water is so green its near black!

Reactions: user1

·
Registered
16 Posts
My most recent armorer manual is from 2017, which still has information on the firing pin markings.

Regular Glock pistols contain either one, two or three notches on the firing pin to indicate which caliber or calibers it is suitable for.

Firing pins for use in certain restricted models also contain another series of notches (special configuration) on the firing pin to indicate whether they are suitable for P, R, T or demo guns. These notches are not applicable to regular pistols, hence in the table: no code for standard configuration.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
"MrFray"
The member above had the information I needed and was looking for.
He also offered a good explanation of what I was looking at, and clarified a change in the data of the 2011 Glock Armorer's manual I was using and the more recent 2017 Glock Armorer's Manual.
*Well worth reading for a proper understanding...!

·
Registered
16 Posts
There are two areas on the firing pin, front and rear, that indicate the purpose (configuration) and caliber of the pistol, respectively.

All pistols will contain either 1,2 or 3 notches at the rear to indicate caliber.

Only non-standard pistols contain markings (1-4 notches) at the front of the firing pin to indicate the configuration.

The more recent armorer manuals communicates this information more clearly than the earlier manuals.

·
Registered
532 Posts
How so they use 1, 2, or 3 notches to show all the calibers?

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
Reactions: fastbolt

·
Registered
532 Posts

·
Huckleberry
699 Posts
I just checked my G4 41 and my G5 19. The 41 had 3 marks, the 19 had none.

Just for everyones' clarification, the markings are just forward of the firing pin cups. Also, the markings are on the "shoulder" portion of the firing pin. There are 4 flat surfaces and 4 rounded "shoulder" positions. The markings are on the rounded part. You can kind of see that in the diagrams above.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
a belated thank you for the official data.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.