Glock Armorers Course

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by EZFLY80, Aug 26, 2005.

1. EZFLY80

EZFLY80

Anyone here ever taken the course? If so, is there ANY way to take it if your not an LEO or Dealer?

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

You could try to get your local dealer to sponsor you. Training schedule is at www.glocktraining.com

3. boze2043

boze2043

I took the course in 2004. Cost me $100 and I did not learn anything I didn't already know. The only benefit is saving a few bucks on parts but then again I don't need any parts so I guess I waisted $100 and a day off.

I had heard that if a class is not full they will let in a person that is not law enforcement or working for a gun dealer. From what I have seen though is that most classes fill up very fast.

4. RandySmith

RandySmith

The quality of the course depends upon the instructor. If you are lucky and get someone who has been with the company for a number of years, you will get all kinds of information not contained within their lesson plan - i.e. the good stuff.

Randy

5. T. Harless

T. Harless

Randy or Danny. In this neck of the woods it's either Doneburgh or Ramsey. Is there a preference between those folks. Another question that I remember asking once but I forget the answer. Once you are a certified armorer, do you have to be affiliated with a shop to recertify? Thanks T.

6. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

In the past, any armorer could recertify. I am not familiar with those two instructors. My favorite was Paul Britt, but he retired.