Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm off to the Glock Armorers Course in the morning.
Should be interesting. Any serious questions anyone would like me to ask? I'd like to keep it technical and hold off with the fad questions like single stack 9mms and such.

I'll write a small review of my findings, even if it has been talked about over and over.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
AF,

I went to the Glock LE armorers course last week. Mark D. was the instructor. He was very good and informative (except he didn't know what was the next project, or if there will be any more SF's)

Could you see if they will be coming out with a G29SF. Will a G29 upper fit on a G30SF lower? I forgot to ask these questions.

He did state that a G36 Upper will fit on a G30SF lower and that it is a nice package.

Thanks for any Help!!!!!!

·
Heavy Hauler
2,556 Posts
Yes, how about, "Why isn't the class offered to civilians? I'm sure many would be willing to fork out the cash.(within reason)"

·
Headed to WA
689 Posts
Can't wait to go myself sometime this year as soon as I manage to jump through all the hoops my agency has set up for my partner and I. :upeyes:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yes, how about, "Why isn't the class offered to civilians? I'm sure many would be willing to fork out the cash.(within reason)"
+1:crying:

·
Florida Cracker
1,948 Posts
Just scan the manual and we'll be happy!

·
Registered
62 Posts
can you see if GLOCK would make 3gen with No finger grooves!!!!

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
"Why isn't the class offered to civilians? I'm sure many would be willing to fork out the cash.(within reason)"
One word: liability.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Liability, I don't think so. First thing you do when you show up for the class is sign a waiver of "Liability"!!! I may have been very lucky but I asked and I got in. Great class and despite how simple the Glock pistol is to work on, you do learn a lot. But again, you gotta ask.

·
Scottish Member
11,801 Posts
can you see if GLOCK would make 3gen with No finger grooves!!!!
Some people like the finger grooves, some don't.
(I like them on the compact, but don't on the full size)

If you don't like them, they are very easy to remove with a mototool and a few spare minutes.

·
NRA Member
1,115 Posts
I know, I just didn't know if it might be updated:dunno:

I went to the armorers course a few weeks ago and they are still using the same manual from 2002. They give you a few handouts, like an updated parts list, but other than that it is still the same. They told us that the additional papers covered anything and everything that would need to be in the manual, had it been updated.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Some people like the finger grooves, some don't.
(I like them on the compact, but don't on the full size)

If you don't like them, they are very easy to remove with a mototool and a few spare minutes.
I was thinking about doing that, but how does the frame like after, will it need to be painted, I'm handly with tools and has build many ar15 1911, just not sure how the pomyer will look atfer fine sanding,, any one done it?

ps that good to know about the manul I have a 2000 and a 2002 still

·
NRA MEMBER
8,151 Posts
It looks fine when your done.Finish with 600 or finer emerycloth and it will look factory if you take your time and do a clean job.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts