close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

glock armorer in san francisco bay area?

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by glockprime, Jun 25, 2002.

1. glockprime

glockprime

any recommendations for a reputable glock armorer in or near the san francisco bay area? thanx...

2. lunde

lunde

I am a certified Glock armorer, and live in San Jose. What's the problem?

3. glockprime

glockprime

the slide release on my friend's G22 is really hard to work... you really have to jam on it to release the slide... something's definitely not right, and he would like to have it checked out...

for my G35, i'm thinking about getting a trigger job and maybe polish... looking for a place like glockworks but local...

4. Yoshi

Yoshi

If an empty mag is in the gun when he tries to release it, I wouldn't worry about it.

If it's will full mags, is it the same for all magazines?

5. glockprime

glockprime

he has 3 mags and the slide release is the same for all of em, loaded or unloaded...

6. lunde

lunde

Where exactly are you in California? I only have a couple days left until I fly to Wisconsin for three weeks. And, it's a real busy couple of days. That being said, the slide stop lever is just that, a slide stop, not a slide release. Has your friend considered the factory extended slide stop lever, which has more surface area for using it as a slide release? They're easy to install. The slide stop lever on my Sig P239 is a real bear, but I don't care, because I slingshot the slide to make it go forward.

7. glockprime

glockprime

i'm in san leandro... my friend is in foster city... while at frontsight, he had an instructor try it out, and there was definitely something not right... however, things were busy and it sorta fell into the background... he's gonna get an extended slide release or just trade in for a G35 like me...

however, the main point of my original post was to look for a good local shop to get work done... there seems to be a lot of good smithing shops in other states... i don't have any problems w/ shipping my guns for service, but of course i'd prefer to be able to walk into the shop...

8. Tom34

Tom34 Obama Must Go!

Where do you shoot?? I'm usually at Lake Chabot.

9. Newcop761

Newcop761 CLM

Competition Gun Works on Fairway Drive in San Leandro closed up a few months ago. I haven't found anyone else local.

10. glockprime

glockprime

the chabot rifle range is nice... i'm there occasionally, especially when my friend wants to shoot his rifle... but most of the time i'm at target masters in milpitas... i'm usually there once a week...

11. spookyboy

spookyboy

Hi Guys,

Not to change the subject, but we are talkin about the SF Bay Area.

Does anyone know of a reputable FFL in the SF Bay Area that I could go though to purchase a HK USP 45 (full size).

It's too bad about Dan Ruff, He's done some excellent trigger jobs on my Sig P220 and P229 and he was around for a quite some time.

I'm a G29 owner too and once had a G20,23,27 and sold my friend on the G23c.

Please shoot me a message.

Rich

;b