close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Armorer in Atlanta / Firing Pin Issue

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TenMillimeter, Feb 24, 2003.

1. TenMillimeter

TenMillimeter

I just picked up a 3rd. generation G23 in a trade. It looks to be in good condition, but I'd like to have a certified armorer check over the internal mechanisms. I would like to find one on the north or west side of Atlanta.

My serial # is DDU***US. From reading the info. on Glockmeister, I'm not sure if the letters he refers to (Through SL) are the first or last pair.

If it needs the upgrade, I would rather not give up my only carry piece for weeks or months to Glock. Can a certified armorer do the upgrade at Glock's expense?

Thanks,
    John

2. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

The serial numbers he refers to would be something like SL992US. The US is a sufix that's on most Glocks that come into the country. Your 3rd gen model was manufactured well past any need of the firing pin upgrade.

3. Fast Glass

Fast Glass

Like Fireglock said, yours is well past the upgrade point. My early 90s 23 s/n SL was the last to need the upgrade. If your interested, Glockmeister has a Firing pin upgrade page that shows the differences. Can't help you with the armorer issue in your area either. I had mine given it's 10 year checkup last time Glock sent an armorer to the local shop. Came out with a clean bill of health.

4. Emmet F

Emmet F

Since your only about fifteen minutes drive from the Glock, Inc. headquarters in Smyrna, why don't you drive over one morning and ask them to look it over if you have any concerns. You might want to call them first to let them know you are coming. I doubt they will keep your pistol for more than an hour, while warranty/technical looks it over. And if they do need to keep it overnight, they you should be able to make arrangements for either shipment or pickup by you at a latter date.

Glock customer service is second to none in the firearms industry. Good luck.;)

5. TenMillimeter

TenMillimeter

I wish it were that easy. I'm about 45 minutes away, and I work during the week, so this isn't a feasible alternative.

6. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

Since it's pretty well established that your G19 doesn't need any upgrades, I'd strongly suggest that you run a few thousand rounds through it before fretting further.

7. TenMillimeter

TenMillimeter

That sounds like a good plan. I started last weekend, and have the sore hand to prove it.