close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Armorer Course

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by DataMax, Jan 26, 2007.

1. DataMax

DataMax

On June 19th a Glock Armorer Course will be taught in Hutchinson, KS. I live about forty-five minutes away from Hutch and would love to take this class but it is my understanding that unless you are law enforcement or work for a certified Glock Dealer there aint no way! I am thinking there has to be a way ... does anyone have any ideas or know of a way that I (Joe Glock Owner) could take this class?

Thanks.

2. RepairmanJak

RepairmanJak Bullet Herder

Call Glock and see if there's room in the course. Worst case scenario is they tell you it's full or you have to be LE/FFL and it's not going to happen. I've done the course and the only real benefit you'll get is the ability to garner repair parts on a reduced cost over the average consumer. The information is already out there for the complete tear down and maintenance on a Glock platform.

Good luck,

Jak

3. h2o-5o

h2o-5o Owned by Pugs

Unless there's a legal reason for you to need the course, such as being an armorer or working at a gunstore, it's a waste of time and money. Instructions on assembly/disassembly are readily available on the internet, or through various books. Parts are available at essentially the same prices as Glock direct from other sources.

Personally, I knew as much about assembly/disassembly of the Glock pistol before I went to the AC, as I did after. I also order my Glock parts from Express Police Supply. But $100 of my personal money DID let me put the nifty signature line on GlockTalk.:upeyes:

4. Rebel_James

Rebel_James

5. DataMax

DataMax

6. jaybird840

jaybird840

Hi All,

I've actually given some thought to going through the school to reduce my civil liability should I be involved in a lethal force encounter. As LE, I should be able to attend a course sometime. It would seem to me that it would close a lot of doors to defense attorneys. Dealing with these guys in court helps to understand the way they think. If I had the credential of certified Glock armorer, I think it would be harder for them to nit-pick at ANY modification that you have done to your pistol, since you have been trained and certified by the factory. Just my $.02

Disclaimer!--I am not an attorney, and cannot give you legal advice. (isn't it a sad world we live in?)

Jaybird

7. Dingus

Dingus

Glock trains you to use only Glock parts when internal replacements are needed.:upeyes:

8. h2o-5o

h2o-5o Owned by Pugs

The Glock Armorer's Course does NOT train or certify you to do any "modification". You are authorized to replace standard factory parts with other standard factory parts, as needed.

Therefore, if armorer certified, and you DID "modify" your Glock, that would be more ammunition for opposing counsel, not less.