Glock Talk banner
81 - 100 of 114 Posts
Owned XD9SC & XDM9, G17/22/26/27/30. The XD's, with their grip safety, were like a girlfriend I once had: she only liked to be held a certain way, and sometimes I got it wrong. My Glocks have always been "Ms. Rightnow"; any time, any position, any situation....BANG! :))

GSM

Well that's because they are ancient weapons!

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no substitute for good blaster (insert Glock or other modern gun) at your side kid!

Not many street cops carry single action anything anymore - a few tactical units may be 1911 users but the Browning HP has been surpassed by more modern designs in the LEO field. Although I do see Israeli cops still packing them - mostly the boarder guards.

Great gun but not for general cop work any more.
This trying to prove a point that because a cop carries a Glock doesn't mean their the best:wavey:

No. LE sales generally = LE preference, which generally = dependability. In a field of work where your life depends on a.) Your training and b.) Your sidearm. do you think a sub par weapon is going to dominate THAT market going into it's 3RD DECADE of doing so?

Now, put the beer down and put on your thinking cap. :tongueout:
No, its called a GOOD DEAL.

Yes, they're reliable, but no more so than the other mainstream polymers on the market. With the new Gen 4s, you may say they're less reliable, in fact.

That was a very wise move on Springfield's part. It sure has paid high dividends for the acquistion. HS2000, i wonder what the purchase price for one was before Springfield came into play.
For giggles, I dug out my HS2000 receipt from 2001:

I guess that's about $300ish in today's money, but still quite the bargain compared to the price once Springfield got their hands on them.

For giggles, I dug out my HS2000 receipt from 2001:

I guess that's about $300ish in today's money, but still quite the bargain compared to the price once Springfield got their hands on them.
Wow Springfield did make a great decision from a gun they never designed. Thank you for the time to do this. A picture/Receipt is worth a 1000 words.

Yes, me saving my partner's life is a good deal.

Saving the spouse's life is a great deal, on a domestic call.

It's an even better deal when just the presence of me and the Glock gets it to stay in the holster, ie the pistol's reputation of what it can do in trained hands, is at the forefront of the public's mind. That's the best "gunfight" there is.

The GREAT deal is the Glock dealership network that is overall supportive and second IMO only to Smith&Wesson.

LE use is indicative of reliability. Period. If their guns just plain sucked no cop would carry them-THAT would be an indicator of unreliable. Introducing this LE aspect into the mix of this debate is good in that we shoot A LOT. A lot of us are shooters and soak up all the free range time we can get. More ammunition, targets, pistols, parts, etc..

For regular Joe citizen the XD may be the better choice for plinking 2500 rounds a year or so? Don't matter to me. For plinking and MY serious fun gun it's an STI, off-duty range time, and there's somebody out there who hates STIs as well. If I had to please everybody nobody would go to jail!!

No, its called a GOOD DEAL.

Yes, they're reliable, but no more so than the other mainstream polymers on the market. With the new Gen 4s, you may say they're less reliable, in fact.

No. LE sales generally = LE preference, which generally = dependability.
If you really believe that, I've got a great deal on a bridge you might be interested in.

XD's are just as reliable as Glocks (at least mine have been, and I carry and shoot mine quite often).

Still not really sure where you get you're getting the idea that somehow LE sales=reliability... Like I said, all you must do is look at the Sigma.. and there's still some agencies issuing the Sigma, and it's problems are WELL documented.

It's an even better deal when just the presence of me and the Glock gets it to stay in the holster, ie the pistol's reputation of what it can do in trained hands, is at the forefront of the public's mind. That's the best "gunfight" there is.

The GREAT deal is the Glock dealership network that is overall supportive and second IMO only to Smith&Wesson.

LE use is indicative of reliability. Period. If their guns just plain sucked no cop would carry them-THAT would be an indicator of unreliable. Introducing this LE aspect into the mix of this debate is good in that we shoot A LOT. A lot of us are shooters and soak up all the free range time we can get. More ammunition, targets, pistols, parts, etc..

For regular Joe citizen the XD may be the better choice for plinking 2500 rounds a year or so? Don't matter to me. For plinking and MY serious fun gun it's an STI, off-duty range time, and there's somebody out there who hates STIs as well. If I had to please everybody nobody would go to jail!!
I appreciate your Service and certainly value your knowledge. But remember how the hysteria rolls thru these forums. Again my thanks for your years of dedication and service. It takes a unique individual to put your Life on the Line for Others for a Job Well Done, Enjoy your STI i'm looking into a 1911 myself to carry to the range.

Ford, Chevy or Chrysler: 6 of one, half a dozen of another. Just opinions. Same thing is true with: Glock, XD, or Smith M&P. All great firearms, and it has now come down to personal choice and preference. Can't argue that one is fundamentally better, or worse. All successful manufacturers now must follow ISO 9001 if they plan to stay in business. The phenomenon of the 1980's crappie S&W's, for instance, is now gone. All the the Big Name gun manufacturers have gotten their acts together. It's great for us consumers, to be sure! Thank You, Japan, for showing us the way on Quality, even though the Father of Quality was an American, but we didn't listen to him until the Toyota's of the world kicked collective butt on the Big 3.

IMHO, JM2C, and YMMV!

You're missing point. I'll try to say it again in layman's terms this time.

If both guns are equally reliable, the gun that can be bought at the better deal is the one the department will go with. Just because Glocks are reliable and can be bought cheaply enough by departments, does not make them MORE reliable than the other mainstream polymers on the market, including the XD.

STI? I know nothing about STI.

Maybe you could educate me? :whistling:

If you really believe that, I've got a great deal on a bridge you might be interested in.

XD's are just as reliable as Glocks (at least mine have been, and I carry and shoot mine quite often).

Still not really sure where you get you're getting the idea that somehow LE sales=reliability... Like I said, all you must do is look at the Sigma.. and there's still some agencies issuing the Sigma, and it's problems are WELL documented.

Yeah, I personally care what he or any other LEO is issued. That does not mean Glock is any more reliable than the next pistol.

I've always liked glocks but i have to say...i own a G27 & a XD 40 subcompact & i shoot the xd much better. To me the grip & trigger are better & i like the chunky look of the XD better. I'll always have at least one glock though.

lol don't let .45Super-Man see that! He will start calling Springfield company a fraud as well!:faint:
I know this GT is a riot. In other forums several on here would be Banned very quickly so they dwell here to cause what ever storm they can cause. It is a simple case of low self esteem. So to bring their self out of this they attack any person anytime sad but true. Their safe on the forum because in a face to face situation they would run. Just look at some avatars "Pride". BTW i've seen several from GT on other forums were such behavior would be not allowed.
Shoot Straight and have yourself a great evening.

Doc Holliday: A man like Ringo has got a great big hole, right in the middle of him. He can never kill enough, or steal enough, or inflict enough pain to ever fill it.

LOL. He's one of the obvious Glock hateboys, which means his opinion is just as suspect as those the Glock fanboys'. Expect zero objectivity from either camp and you'll never be disappointed.
Tx, you strike me as certainly one of the if not the most Level headed most intellectual GT Member. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all you have to say. Thank you, i have learned alot from you, i'm Honored to be on this Forum along with such a Member as yourself.

81 - 100 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.