Glock America's Heros Set and Notes

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by doinedaname, Oct 25, 2020.

1. doinedaname

doinedaname

Finally picked up the last America's Heros Glock to fill out my set, I needed the G17. Prices just like for all guns went up. I passed on two G17's about two years ago on GB at 550 that never got a bid hoping for a relist with lower start but they never re posted. Fast forward to now and in a matter of a few weeks 2x G17's, a G21, and a G22 were all posted and sold around 800. The G22 and G21 I got 450-500 two to three years ago. I started with the G22, found it online at Cabelas. Decided I had to have it because it was serial 911 of the 9/11 commemorative. It didn't have a box but decided I wanted it anyway. So I had to get the G21 and G17 to finish out the set. I would absolutely love to have a set that had matching serials (the last 3 digits) but that is a Hail Mary.

The obverse on the guns all have the same laser (i think) markings. The size is the same, they didn't scale it up for the G21. All other markings on the guns are normal. The serials all start with USA followed with a 0 for G17, 1 for G21, and 2 for G22. The last 3 digits of the serial are just normal serial number stuff.

My G17 is a white label with 10 round mags looks like it has never been fired came in a tupperware box. The label on the casing that came with guns of this era had the wrong serial written on the label and was hand corrected and initialed. Never seen this and wonder if all the America's Heros had this mistake.

The G21 is a white label with 10 round mags looks like it has never been fired came in a tupperware box. It didn't have a spent casing to see if it suffered from the same issue. One of the recent guns was a blue label G21 and had 13 round mags. This gun also came with a new style box. So within the 1000 of each gun there were blue labels and variations in packaging. Link to this gun https://www.gunbroker.com/item/879935347

The G22 didn't come with a box just the gun and a 14 round mag. The one that just sold had a 14 round u notch and 14 round square notch but was a white label in tupperware. I feel none of the mags in these two examples were the original mags.

G17 Box.jpg G17 Casing.jpg G17.jpg G21 Box.jpg G21.jpg G22.jpg Obverse.jpg Reverse.jpg

2. mtstream

mtstream

The gunbroker auction you linked to is FFLPro’s auction. I know he had a number of these he bought the last time gun prices were high that he has been moving for about what he paid. He’s a member on this sub-forum so you can probably reach out through PM and he’ll tell you what he knows about them. He’s a good guy.

Adam4 likes this.

3. mtstream

mtstream

And congrats on completing the set!

Adam4 likes this.
  4. 58sniper

58sniper

I've got all three as well. But I've heard/read/saw a mention of a 23 in the series as well. But never been able to confirm that.

Adam4 and mbar9607 like this.
  5. mtstream

mtstream

Apparently there is an airsoft version https://www.airsoftforum.com/topic/304095-custom-gbb/ (about 1/4 the way down the page). I have to admire the exceptional quality of work but for the life of me I can't come up with the "why" for the effort. Pretty amazing though.

58sniper likes this.