close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

glock accessories / enhancements

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by brawnless, Jan 29, 2005.

1. brawnless

brawnless Junior Member

i'm currently on the market for the "ghost rocket 3.5" for glock and iwb holster made of plastic/kydex. all other 3.5 connectors seen so far do not have the features i'm looking for. been through most known gun shops / custom gun shops without luck. holster is currently out of stock - not for long i hope.

other accessories / enhancements:

practice trigger - automatic reset of trigger.
    trigger block - external "add-on" safety
    rear sight removal tool - if it's expensive, might as well
    improvise. any ideas?
    compensators and threaded barrel - maybe in the future.

butt plug, night sights, lasers, mag-well, ny trigger... are widely available here in manila. :) others seem to be available only on the internet.

2. infinitecolt

infinitecolt

Ah! The excitement of a brand new pistol purchase. I'd recommend shooting the pistol a lot before buying any accessories which you won't need later on.

- trigger block = could be a good device, still you can just develop the habit of keepipng your finger off the trigger
    - rear sight removal tool = if you got a friend who owns one, it will be cheaper or just visit your friendly gunsmith and pay him for the one time service which is cheaper too
    - compensators = if you are using them, you will definitely have the right ammo combination, tried it once and it works mostly with major loads
    - butt plugs are optional some use them and some don't. Question is, who cares about the hole in the grip?
    - lasers = they are nice to have and gives a high-tech look but it also changes the internal of the Glock which i don't need

i recommend better sights (the stock ones are plastic and wear easily if you do a lot of holstering) and more practice ammo. if using reloads, just buy an aftermarket barrel.

3. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

As infinitecolt wrote: "if using reloads, just buy an aftermarket barrel."

I had bought one (aftermarket barrel) from - I think it was eye cutter - since I shoot for relaxation and I couldn't relax knowing I was gumming up my Glock's polygonal barrel using lead-bullet reloads.

Alternatively, get used to having to clean really well really often, or use much more expensive FMJ exclusively.

4. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

5. brawnless

brawnless Junior Member

got it! thanks! i've just stripped & cleaned my glock... you guys were right - it was managable. 30 min for the mags and 2 1/2 hrs for the pistol. just took my time to look through all the parts and clean out all the oil/filings from the firing pin, breech, rail... =) broke 3 toothpicks though. i'll stick to the barbecue stick!

6. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Dude, just a word of advice, don't ever tell your wife or GF about you spending two and a half hours fondling your gun. ;);f

7. brawnless

brawnless Junior Member

they'll have to know where they stand. but just in case, it would be sad to see them go though. - plsease remind me to delete this thread when i'm not single anymore. ;f