Glock AA Conversion help

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by Glass6060, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Glass6060

Glass6060

I'm having a hard time reinstalling the extractor after a detail strip. Can anyone tip me off as to where the extractor spring rests? Thanks!

2. Glocken-spiel

Glocken-spiel

are you talking about the extractor spring in the glock slide or the AA conversion slide?

both should work the same. first put in the extractor, then the firing pin safety with its spring attached. then attach the plunger, spring, and bearing together putting the metal plunger in the hole first to fit against the extractor (the plastic bearing on the other end of the spring goes against the plastic end cover plate.)

as an aside, be sure to look at your glock manual (or check online) to make sure you are calling the parts by their right terms, otherwise you will get confusing (and nonsensical) replies. just a thought.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010

3. Glass6060

Glass6060

My AA slide does not have a plunger like a glock - there's a loose spring that places tension on the extractor.

4. Glocken-spiel

Glocken-spiel

sorry, it's been a year since i opened up my AA slide. i'll have to take a look at home and get back to you. hopefully someone else will be able to answer you in the mean time.

maybe it might be worth calling AA support and get a tec to hep you.

5. SalfromCal

SalfromCal Senior Member

Not worth it!..AA don't "support" nothing at all, they just want you to mail the kit back to them because they need to do a "complete" QA inspection. What a joke!

Glass6060....check your messages, just responded to your PM.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  6. ViperR

ViperR

Do you have an older AA kit? The newer ones (like mine) has the extractor pinned into the slide and that pin has to be drifted out with a punch. Maybe the older versions used the same system as a regulsr Glock slide.

7. SalfromCal

SalfromCal Senior Member

Hey ViperR...:wavey: still have your kit?...

Glass6060 responded to my PM and it looks like he finally figured out the placement of the extractor spring.

8. ViperR

ViperR

Hey Sal, Yep, still have it. Been busy with work & house and haven't had time for the range lately. I'm still lurking here, though.:supergrin:

9. Glass6060

Glass6060

I have to say that AA customer service has been pretty helpful in getting this straightened out. I have an older kit (no roll pin) and here's the response I received:

1. Install the safety first, make sure that the small spring in the bottom of the safety.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
    2. Insert the extractor spring into the extractor spring hole.
    <o:p> </o:p>
    <o:p> Extractor spring hole.JPG </o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    3. Prepare the extractor. There is a small silver colored busing that must be inserted in the hole on the extractor before you put the extractor back onto the slide.. This bushing keeps the extractor from binding when you tighten down the extractor screw.
    4. Install the extractor. You will need to push the safety in a little to get the extractor all the way into the slide. The extractor keeps the safety from coming out.
    5. Install and tighten the extractor screw. We use Red LocTite on this screw to keep it from backing out when shooting. The screw needs to be pretty tight but not so tight that it interferes with the movement of the extractor.
    6. Once you have everything back together check the extractor for movement using your finger. It should move freely, if not, back the extractor screw just enough to allow the extractor to move freely.

Thanks to both of you for helping!

10. SalfromCal

SalfromCal Senior Member

:faint:...WOW, I'm really amazed they gave you a response. Probably the representative I talked to was in a crappy @!#$% mood or jus being an ass, because he cut me short and told me to send the kit to them to analize the problem or....maybe because I have the kit with the rolled pin and they might think it's difficult for others to take it apart...oh well:upeyes: