Glock 9mm Trigger Bar Early Variations

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by premiertactical, Nov 10, 2019.

1. premiertactical

premiertactical

Its easier then one would think to find an aspect of Glocks and their parts that show many variations. This is a thread attempting to discover just how many trigger bars there actually are in the early 9mm.
    We had another thread that went into some detail about trigger bar variations seen in the early handguns. I may or may not have found some more.
    That thread can be found here.
    https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/upgraded-pb-on-gb.1785436/

Here is the original thread that I screen shot images and edited them to fit in here.

Glock Trigger Bar Discussion  (1).png Glock Trigger Bar Discussion  (2).png Glock Trigger Bar Discussion  (3).png Glock Trigger Bar Discussion  (4).png Glock Trigger Bar Discussion  (5).png Glock Trigger Bar Discussion  (6).png Glock Trigger Bar Discussion  (7).png Glock Trigger Bar Discussion  (8).png Glock Trigger Bar Discussion  (9).png Glock Trigger Bar Discussion  (10).png Glock Trigger Bar Discussion  (11).png

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    ejjeff and professor309 like this.
  2. premiertactical

premiertactical

3. premiertactical

premiertactical

I was looking at some trigger bars and was surprised at how many variations there appeared to be in the small group that I have.
    At first other then the silver/non-black one I had in this group I just thought they were all the same.
    I found the early one easily which I put a 1 under it.
    2-6 at first glance appeared all the same. 6 had heavy carbon deposits on it that it looked black but a closer look revealed it actually is a newer generation. Whats interesting about 6 is that dimple. It either came from some other series/Got hit by the forming die when being formed/Or something else. If you have tried to bend metal on the trigger bars you quickly find they are hardened and will snap off. I tried years ago to lift the engagement tab on the trigger where it contacts the striker and it broke off immediately. So I believe the dimple happened before being hardened.
    The order that I have is based simply on appearance and what I believe makes sense.
    4 and 5 are indeed black but show the newer method of how the bend or rib is put in the center of the trigger bar. But the tips on both those are not the same.
    2 and 3 look exactly alike but the part that just forward of the striker block pin is longer on 2 then 3.
    Trigger Bar Detail 2.jpg
    Trigger Bar Detail 3.jpg

Trigger Bars with Numbers 1-7.jpg

I also took an image of the tops of the bars. I had already inspected the tops of the bar under the striker safety pin/button (I'll get the right name) to see if they had been filed or messed with. You can see that the metal there is the same as on the long part of the bar. If filed on you would see a very uniform metal. The ridge or relief from when they were punched out is present.

IMG_3105.jpg

I have not included images of the silver and gold colored early trigger bars. These 5 black early bars plus those makes at least 7 variations of early trigger bars.
    I will try and tie them into serial ranges and years of manufacture next.

Let me know what you think of my order. I put 2 in front of 3 only because in the later generations that little leg/knuckle sticks out further in the later generations of the trigger bar.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  4. premiertactical

premiertactical

4 and 5 must be the beginning of the transition to silver colored parts. I need to measure some early gold and silver knuckles to see if they have the same length as others. This may help define the order some more.

5. G17Collector

G17Collector Original "G"

This is an excellent thread! Information like this helps us understand what may be right or wrong when contemplating a purchase. Many thanks!

premiertactical likes this.
  6. Marcus99

Marcus99

Great thread. I still need to sort through my bars and build a photo album. It'll take some time as some of the bars are in fully assembled Glocks boxed away in the gun safe.

In the meantime here is a photo of the earliest style trigger bars installed in my pencil barrel G17's (AK and AL prefix):

[​IMG]

premiertactical likes this.