close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

glock 81 knife

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by tumbleweed40, Apr 4, 2007.

1. tumbleweed40

tumbleweed40

being as this is a glock site,whats the opinion of there modle 81 saw top knife?:thumbsup:

2. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

For the $20-ish knife that it is, not bad at all. I got one for free from Glock for helping out at a GSSF match. I haven't ued mine much, but many people use them as truck knives with good results. I may just throw mine in my glove compartment of my car just in case I need something like that sometime.

It ain't a Strider, but it cuts and feels decently well made. I can think of worse ways to spend that 20 or so dollars.

3. tumbleweed40

tumbleweed40

i understand its not a 500.00 knife,but there guns are simple and priced in the range of others,i was curios why the knife is a 40.00 dollar item.you would think it would be the same quality.tia:banana:

4. SGTCAP

SGTCAP

From what I read about them YEARS ago they were a VERY VERY sturdy knife. There was an article about them in tacticle knives magazine and they had nothing but good things to say. Apparently they were making knives before they made guns, and mess kits before that. For the money I say you cannt go wrong

5. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Lifetime Member Millennium Member

It's not a Kabar, but it's a solid blade (I've handled quite a few) and decent enough as a general issue service knife.

You could do a LOT worse.

6. tumbleweed40

tumbleweed40

thanks alot for the feedback.:banana:

7. jcs71

jcs71

I currently own 2 of them. I have a black with teeth and a o.d. green without teeth. I want one in every color with and without teeth for collecting. My o.d. green one gets used quite a bit and takes a shaving edge. I definately suggest getting a couple to have for an emergency.

8. Leigh

Leigh

As previously mentioned, you could do worse however my own field/woods(civilian) experiences have been to make Glock knives back-ups/secondary/trunk knives as there are better quality blades out there for just a few more bucks.
    For a sub $30 knife I give it two thumbs up and if forced to make it my "primary" I would definitely make do with it.
    :)

9. Dobber

Dobber Member

I bought one at the gun show today. I didn't need it I just always look at them and figured what's $28.

10. tumbleweed40

tumbleweed40

thanks,ive had it for a while now and its not bad,im looking at a calmus(?)k-bar now.:thumbsup: