GlockTalk Forum banner

161 - 164 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
9,259 Posts
my blue label dealer has no idea on the 47. he said he's out and not expecting any blue label restock till January. I ordered a gen5 23 to turn it into 357SIG. I'm kinda upset I didn't get to make a blue label purchase this year. He's completely out of stock
is there an OEM 357sig barrel for the Gen 5, or you need to order something aftermarket?

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
I'm hoping the gen3 will fit it.
I will find out.

The gen2/3/4/5 Glock 19 barrels are all the same.
I'm using a gen3 threaded barrel in my Glock 45 right now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
To those wanting to hold out to get a G47, unless you are one of those super fans that want to have every Glock ever made in your collection, I would say don't bother. It's just basically a G45 with a modified G17 slide, as others have pointed out in the past. I have had a G22 for years, and this is more or less the same gun. To the guy asking about the SN, it just says "DHSxxxxxx" pretty generic, nothing to see there. I am only posting really, to confirm what a lot of people have already posted in the past about this pistol. I wouldn't post at all if any of this was sensitive info, which it isn't. If you are a collector, I think the new "P80" reproduction from Lipseys would be a much cooler acquisition. But that's just me. Ultimately the G47 is a G45, with a modified G17 slide. A G17 slide modified so it can use the G19's guide rod. Also, its a "MOS" 5th Gen unit.

At least that is my take on things, I don't claim to be the world expert on all things Glock.

161 - 164 of 164 Posts