GlockTalk Forum banner

101 - 120 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Guys, guys, guys........ this is the one with one with the reciprocating take-down lever that allows it accept the gen 6 carbine chasis. We have been asking for a carbine for years and it is finally here.:cheers:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Guys, guys, guys........ this is the one with one with the reciprocating take-down lever that allows it accept the gen 6 carbine chasis. We have been asking for a carbine for years and it is finally here.:cheers:
What are you smokin'? It must be some good shiznit.

·
Registered
434 Posts
While that's OK if you like Bastardized Mismatched GLOCKs - I don't. If GI doesn't build it, then I will with a G19.3 frame and an aftermarket slide/slide adapter.
You’re quite entitled to your opinion, but I believe the owner of a Gen 5 G19 who substitutes a G47 slide for the original is doing the same thing you are accomplishing. Of course the main difference being that all of their parts came from the same manufacturer.

It’s like you’re saying “Ford Mustang rims may fit on a Crown Victoria, but I would never miss match my car like that. I’ll just go with aftermarket.”

·
Registered
640 Posts
You’re quite entitled to your opinion, but I believe the owner of a Gen 5 G19 who substitutes a G47 slide for the original is doing the same thing you are accomplishing. Of course the main difference being that all of their parts came from the same manufacturer.

It’s like you’re saying “Ford Mustang rims may fit on a Crown Victoria, but I would never miss match my car like that. I’ll just go with aftermarket.”

·
Registered
434 Posts
Except for those pesky little numbers on the parts. AKA a Bastard GLOCK. ;
Look man, if those “pesky little numbers” cause your panties to bunch up in a manner which causes you discomfort, don’t do it. Buy your aftermarket parts and be happy. I don’t care. Most other people don’t care.

As previously stated, I like options. The G47 gives some people options. I’m not saying it’s an option I will pursue because I have no need for a long slide G19.

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Freaking awesome guys!!! Thank u!!

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Thank u!!!
I wonder if the CBP 19MOS and 26 guns will ever be sold.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Well its been two months no news on the G47 being released for commercial sales. Does anyone have any updates? With the Gen5 40S&W being released in October, it might be awhile for the G47.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well its been two months no news on the G47 being released for commercial sales. Does anyone have any updates? With the Gen5 40S&W being released in October, it might be awhile for the G47.
There is no plan to release it to the commercial market. It was produced for a federal contract only. Not available for IOP either.

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
As per an earlier post, Omaha Outdoors had it in their catalog but none sold. Just like Lipseys got the Ms Omaha could get these.

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Reactions: boilergonzo

·
Registered
133 Posts
If Glock doesn't do it, I'm hoping someone like Shadow Systems will. They seem to have had pretty good success with the MR918 and 920. A long slide gun based on the 920 would be a nice addition to the line. Heck. Even if Glock does sell the 47 I'd like to see a Shadow Systems variant.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

101 - 120 of 164 Posts