Glock 21 gen 3 non sf police trade in
ISMI 24 pound recoil spring
Stainless steel guide rod
Plastic Frame buffer
Extended slide release and lock
Stainless steel pins
Endo brace adapter and sb15 brace original black
Alpha wolf 5.2 threaded barrel
Form 1 1.5” OD suppressor 27 oz weight 11.25 inch length using aj guns recoil booster and for the booster spring a cut section of strike industries flatwire ar10 spring - this is so more of the weight of the suppressor acts on the barrel and to delay the unlocking of the slide and barrel.
Cominoli safety

Now for the sights, I’m not sure. I wanted the tru glow suppressor height night sights tritium and fiber optic but I’m unsure if it will clear the recoil booster. On the cz75 sp-01 tactical it doesn’t. Also the loads will be 45 super brass and will be 460 Rowland level. So like a 255 grain bullet at 1350 FPS.
Haven’t bought the pistol yet, my question is how will the Glock stand up to these very hot loads? What about the locking block and frame around that area standing up to the 24 pound recoil spring?

·
NRA Benefactor
5,853 Posts
I have a worked over 1911 that will take very high pressure. On the 4th round .460 Rowland the case ruptured at 6 O'clock. It blew the magazine out and shattered the wood grips. My hand was numb for days.
The 1911 Pistol does not have a fully supported chamber. It would have held if it were a ramped barrel.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a worked over 1911 that will take very high pressure. On the 4th round .460 Rowland the case ruptured at 6 O'clock. It blew the magazine out and shattered the wood grips. My hand was numb for days.
The 1911 Pistol does not have a fully supported chamber. It would have held if it were a ramped barrel.
I’m concerned about something like that happen as well, especially in a polymer frame. The brass in a wolf barrel is fully supported and with such a heavy suppressor it would keep the slide locked back long enough, my issue is determining how much length of spring for the booster piston I need to keep enough of the weight attached to the barrel.

·
18,319 Posts
Item #9: "Form 1 1.5” OD suppressor 27 oz weight 11.25 inch length."

I don't see the purpose of a suppressor on a gun chambered for a high velocity magnum cartridge. What you really need is a muzzle brake for full power 460 Rowland loads. Otherwise if you want to shoot subsonic loads, many standard Plus +P 45ACP loads are subsonic which is below 1100 fps and keeping velocities at about 1000 fps would allow for velocity variations.

And you'd need to be able to reload and chronograph your loads to be able to do that, and 45 Supet would be better for that purpose to be able to achieve 1000 fps with heavy bullets but there's no need to go to the 460 Rowland and then end up creating reduced loads for it for use with a suppressor.

And you absolutely need a muzzle break to deal with full power 460 Rowland chamber pressures and recoil forces. The most successful 460 Rowland conversion is the Clark conversion for the 1911 and it wouldn't work without the muzzle brake. The Clark conversion a true drop-in and I know a couple of people who have them and I've shot them and they work perfectly.

https://clarkcustomguns.com/part/45-comp-kit/

There are also companies that do conversions for Glock that have been tested and proved to work but they'r about 100 dollars more than the clark conversion.

https://www.460rowland.com/product/ported-glock-21-conversion/

https://www.460rowland.com/product/compensated-glock-21-conversion/

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Item #9: "Form 1 1.5” OD suppressor 27 oz weight 11.25 inch length."

I don't see the purpose of a suppressor on a gun chambered for a high velocity magnum cartridge. What you really need is a muzzle brake for full power 460 Rowland loads. Otherwise if you want to shoot subsonic loads, many standard Plus +P 45ACP loads are subsonic which is below 1100 fps and keeping velocities at about 1000 fps would allow for velocity variations.

And you'd need to be able to reload and chronograph your loads to be able to do that, and 45 Supet would be better for that purpose to be able to achieve 1000 fps with heavy bullets but there's no need to go to the 460 Rowland and then end up creating reduced loads for it for use with a suppressor.

And you absolutely need a muzzle break to deal with full power 460 Rowland chamber pressures and recoil forces. The most successful 460 Rowland conversion is the Clark conversion for the 1911 and it wouldn't work without the muzzle brake. The Clark conversion a true drop-in and I know a couple of people who have them and I've shot them and they work perfectly.

https://clarkcustomguns.com/part/45-comp-kit/

There are also companies that do conversions for Glock that have been tested and proved to work but they'r about 100 dollars more than the clark conversion.

https://www.460rowland.com/product/ported-glock-21-conversion/

https://www.460rowland.com/product/compensated-glock-21-conversion/
I won’t actually be using 460 Rowland, it will be 45 super loaded to 460 rowland levels. Also no matter how loud a round is, a suppressor always takes off a significant amount of the noise made. With this suppressor I imagine a 458 socom wouldn’t be louder than 140 so the 460 rowland should be around 130-135 which is within hearing safe. I could get a chrono graph, however more than likely I’ll simply use quick load help me generate a safe load and simply go off the velocity that it calculates.
I won’t need a muzzle brake with a suppressor. The weight will keep the slide locked back long enough just like a muzzle brake does. What I do need to do is to figure out what spring to use in the booster piston so that enough of the weight acts on the barrel but not so much that it won’t cycle.

·
18,319 Posts
I won’t actually be using 460 Rowland, it will be 45 super loaded to 460 rowland levels. Also no matter how loud a round is, a suppressor always takes off a significant amount of the noise made. With this suppressor I imagine a 458 socom wouldn’t be louder than 140 so the 460 rowland should be around 130-135 which is within hearing safe. I could get a chrono graph, however more than likely I’ll simply use quick load help me generate a safe load and simply go off the velocity that it calculates.
I won’t need a muzzle brake with a suppressor. The weight will keep the slide locked back long enough just like a muzzle brake does. What I do need to do is to figure out what spring to use in the booster piston so that enough of the weight acts on the barrel but not so much that it won’t cycle.
Interesting! Let us know how the project turns out. But work your loads up gradually so you don't create an overpressure load.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting! Let us know how the project turns out. But work your loads up gradually so you don't create an overpressure load.
Do you know how much more slide velocity and recoil is generated by 460 rowland vs 45 acp? I need to get an appropriate spring for the booster but unsure where to start since I don’t know just how much of a difference there is between the two.

·
18,319 Posts
Do you know how much more slide velocity and recoil is generated by 460 rowland vs 45 acp? I need to get an appropriate spring for the booster but unsure where to start since I don’t know just how much of a difference there is between the two.
I don't know the exact slide velocity but I know that the slide velocity with the Rowland is substantially more than a 45 ACP which is why a good muzzle brake is required. And even with no booster spring in your suppressor 460 Roland load levels may be too much for your gun depending on what recoil spring you use.

You might want to use the search feature of this forum and type in "460 Roland" and look at posts by people who have adapted the G21 to 460 Roland and solicit their advice through a PM.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I don't know the exact slide velocity but I know that the slide velocity with the Rowland is substantially more than a 45 ACP which is why a good muzzle brake is required. And even with no booster spring in your suppressor 460 Roland load levels may be too much for your gun depending on what recoil spring you use.

You might want to use the search feature of this forum and type in "460 Roland" and look at posts by people who have adapted the G21 to 460 Roland and solicit their advice through a PM.
I think 27 ounces of weight will be more than enough to delay unlocking, it probably wouldnt cycle at all. Spring would be an ismi 24 pound.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts