Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Debating on buying a 45. I have a 19 and a 19X so I don't need it. Does anyone have anything negative to say about it?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Its a good gun, but Id suggest looking at a 17 with it side by side, and then make the choice.

Then again, nothing wrong with getting both. I did. :)

Reactions: mevorhees

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Seriously, there is nothing about need. It’s about want. Do you want a 45? Then go buy one.

it’s almost halfway through the year and I buy two new Glocks a year every year. I haven’t decided what I want yet. I don’t need any but since Glock lets me buy two blue label guns a year I just buy. Maybe I will finally dab into 10mm this year.

·
Veteran
983 Posts
I just picked mine up today and put 200 rounds through it. shoots great accurate reliable typical Glock pistol. conceal real well for a fairly large gun.

Reactions: mevorhees

·
Registered
728 Posts
Seriously, there is nothing about need. It’s about want. Do you want a 45? Then go buy one.

it’s almost halfway through the year and I buy two new Glocks a year every year. I haven’t decided what I want yet. I don’t need any but since Glock lets me buy two blue label guns a year I just buy. Maybe I will finally dab into 10mm this year.
I suggest the G45 and G48!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I purchased the 45 mos for one main purpose, home defense. My eyesight sucks as I age and wanted a nightstand pistol that was useable without me fumbling around in the middle of the night trying to find and put on my glasses. I put on a rmr 6.5 dot and can see it fine without my glasses on. I also have a tlr1hl mounted and this works well for me. The 45 is accurate, high round count and is balanced perfect to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Private side
11,594 Posts
i used both my GSSF prize certificates to get a pair of model 45s. One will be for GSSF and the other as a gun for teaching at the local PD academy and the State Trooper academy.
I’ve owned every generation of 17, and at least one generation of every other model except the GAP and the 25/28. The model 45 might be my favorite.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I love my G45. I'm having trigger issues that I'm trying to sort out currently, but other than that minor hiccup it's a great gun to shoot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I love my G45. I'm having trigger issues that I'm trying to sort out currently, but other than that minor hiccup it's a great gun to shoot.
What trigger issues are you having?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a 19x right when they came out, loved it, took my neighbor that’s a LEO to the range with it, both fell in love with it. 45 was out, I ran to buy one. Love the forward slide serrations and the gen 5 attributes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts