Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello out there! I recently, like last week, picked up a Glock 45 MOS. I found it on gun broker and it had the buy now function so I did. I picked it up last Wednesday and took it to the range last Thursday after installing night sights on it. I love this gun. I don't think it shoots any more accurate than my other Glocks did, not really enough to notice if it does. But I do like the way it handles and the trigger.

Previously I have only had three other Glocks. A Gen 4 G20, a Gen 3 G21SF, and a Gen 3 G22. They were really good pistols. I still have two of them and don't intend to sell them. The G22 I gave to my daughter who needed it to practice with before attending the California Department of Corrections Correctional Officer Academy. So I lost that one to family. However the only Glock chambered in 9mm that I had ever tried before was a Glock 19 and I didn't like the way it felt in my hand. But after this Glock 45 was released into the market, I was at the gun range and they actually had one available to rent, so I decided to try it out. I did like it quite a bit and decided to buy one for myself.

As I said before, I love this gun. I think I am going to try to find a Glock 19X to add to the my collection also. Yes I know it is basically the same gun, but I just want one. because I know it will shoot the same as this Glock 45. Heck I may even add a Gen 5 Glock 17 to my collection as well.

I forgot to mention that I bought this Glock 45 MOS only because it was the only one I could find due to the COVID-19 panic buying that is happening right now. I would have preferred the basic G45 or the G45 with night sights on it, because I am never going to mount a red dot optic on this gun. But it is fine with the MOS plate cut into it, even though I'll never use it.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tango44, nice going. You already have both the Glock 19X and the Glock 45. Man after my own heart. As soon as one becomes available I'm going to get the Glock 19X also. This Glock 45 has become my favorite pistol.
Congrats same here! the 19X nd 45 MOS my two favorites for EDC, IDPA, Range, Night stand etc. Both are perfect for me!

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats same here! the 19X nd 45 MOS my two favorites for EDC, IDPA, Range, Night stand etc. Both are perfect for me!
tango44, today after being on this website for a while, and posting in a few areas, I saw a Glock 19X on Gun Broker and even though it was a little high priced I bought it anyway. I can't wait to get it. Now I too have both the G45 and the G19X

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love mine, probably the softest shooting Glock I own. And the Shield RMS is right at home on it. I'm interested in picking up a 19X if the price is right (I don't absolutely have to have one) but I'm kind of cheap with what I'll pay for Glocks since I qualify for blue label. Enjoy both your 45 and 19X.
View attachment 742960
Jerrod37387, that is a nice looking weapon you have there. I just can't seem to find the red dot with those optics. It's easier for me to find the standard sights. As for me and the G19X, I just wanted one from the moment I fired the G45. I Love the G45, and it has become my favorite pistol.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Jerrod37387, that is a nice looking weapon you have there. I just can't seem to find the red dot with those optics. It's easier for me to find the standard sights. As for me and the G19X, I just wanted one from the moment I fired the G45. I Love the G45, and it has become my favorite pistol.
A red dot does require a bunch of practice on your presentation and some people never really get used to them. I love carrying a dot now that I'm used to it but you have to re-train yourself to stay target focused and not look at the muzzle of the gun to try to pick up the front sight on presentation. If you do, it will take you forever to find the dot. I spent a lot of time just drawing and presenting to a target without ever firing a shot until the dot was there every time. Now it's second nature. I'm just as quick with a dot as I am with iron sights now.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Congrats on the G45MOS. I also have 2 G19Xs and love them as well. The G45/G19X are some of the best shooting Glocks.. Here is my G45MOS, the RMR makes shooting this gun soo much faster and easier once you practice with it..
20190802_185933.jpg

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats.

Really like my G45, wish I would have waited for the MOS version though.
Thank you brother. I already really like mine as well. I myself would have preferred the plain version without the MOS slide. Funny how one man's trash is another man's treasure. But then again maybe someday I'll try out one of the red dot sights for pistols. I may end up liking it.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats on the G45MOS. I also have 2 G19Xs and love them as well. The G45/G19X are some of the best shooting Glocks.. Here is my G45MOS, the RMR makes shooting this gun soo much faster and easier once you practice with it.. View attachment 743214
Wow you have a great collection. Beautiful pistol. What did you use to get the letters to stand out like that? I really like the way the gun looks with the RMR on it, but I just can't find the red dot when I try to shoot them. Maybe I need to get 2 G19X pistols so I can send one out to be customized without worrying about ruining a discontinued gun. If it turns out to be true that it has been discontinued.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I traded an hk compAct 45 that I never shot for a g45. It’s amazing. I shoot the full size grip so much better. I started shooting my g17 to make sure it wasn’t a fluke.

Nope. It shoots great too.

·
What is normal for the Spider is chaos to the Fly
70 Posts
If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for it with shipping? Everything seems pretty marked up right now. IMO we all shouldn't be blaming the sellers for making money in a low supply high demand market. I purchased a G17 Gen5 MOS a month ago and believe I overpaid but I am still stoked I got what I wanted when I wanted it.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Wow you have a great collection. Beautiful pistol. What did you use to get the letters to stand out like that? I really like the way the gun looks with the RMR on it, but I just can't find the red dot when I try to shoot them. Maybe I need to get 2 G19X pistols so I can send one out to be customized without worrying about ruining a discontinued gun. If it turns out to be true that it has been discontinued.
Thanks. I used white fingernail polish, but first use NON acetone polish remover to clean all the oils off the slide without damaging the finish on the slide.

As far as finding the red dot when shooting, first do a lot of dry firing/drawing from the holster until it becomes second nature and the dot is in your field of view. Then when you're proficient with that and then you dry fire, if you see the dot move means you will need to work on trigger control.

Like most have said, I would not modify the 19X unless you have a second one or you could always just purchase 19X frame and modify that so you don't devalue the original 19X frame.

Reactions: Seaweed02

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Like most have said, I would not modify the 19X unless you have a second one or you could always just purchase 19X frame and modify that so you don't devalue the original 19X frame.
Littletank, I didn't know you could purchase a Glock 19X frame. Isn't that the actual gun?

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for it with shipping? Everything seems pretty marked up right now. IMO we all shouldn't be blaming the sellers for making money in a low supply high demand market. I purchased a G17 Gen5 MOS a month ago and believe I overpaid but I am still stoked I got what I wanted when I wanted it.
For the G45 I ran across a Gun Broker add that had it up for sale, like most bidding that goes on that website, but this one had a "buy now" feature that meant I wouldn't have to compete with other bidders and end up losing at the last minute. The price was $699 for the "buy now" option. I elected to have it shipped 2nd day air for an additional $30, and then I paid my local gun store $20 to transfer the pistol to me once it arrived here in Arizona. So my gran total was $749 out the door. Expensive I know. But like you said, "I am still stoked and I got what I wanted when I wanted it". I'm with you on that all the way.

update/edit: Forgot to mention that I didn't want the standard Glock sights that came with the gun. So I went out and bought a set of night sights that have both tritium and fiber optic sights at the same time. I really like them, but they were $160. So adding that into it I paid $909 for this G45. Still worth every penny to me.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts