Glock 45 MOS Build-Up

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 153, May 20, 2020.

1. 153

Got the opportunity to put together a range/duty Glock 45 MOS.

Wanted the best quality accessories, so I started with a Trijicon RMR. In looking over all the models, I disregarded the majority advice and went with the dual illuminated model. I prefer a green dot, liked the idea of no batteries, and the dot itself was pretty friendly to eyes with astigmatism. Figured if the dual illumination was good enough for the ACOG on all those M4 carbines ... it should work well enough for a handgun.

Impressed with all the good reports of the 19X, I added maritime spring cups and a lanyard loop. I also changed out the slide release to the extended OEM version, which makes working that part more positive. Essentially the result was a 19X in black with an optic and forward slide serrations.

Next came the required flashlight. Initially I chose the TRL-7, but it was a bit of a stretch turning it on and off. I came to like the idea of the light as a standoff, and went with the more powerful and longer Surefire X300u with the upgraded screw attachment. It's very easy to actuate and really bright.

Originally I intended not to mount supressor sights. I reasoned that the Trijicon optic was pretty reliable. But soon found that the dual illuminated optic has the same issue that the ACOG does when aiming from a dark area into a bright one - the dot washes out. The best resolution I found was a set of Ameriglo black supressor sights that are a lower 1/3 co-witness, and are easy to pick up when the dot fades.

It's a real easy pistol to shoot, and if you like the Glock design, pretty state of the art. It's definitely a belt holster handgun, and would appreciate an suggestions for a holster. It's may seem a bit retro, but I'd prefer leather. However so far the top contender is the Safariand ALS, but it isn't easy trying to figure the models and features out ...

[​IMG]

littletank, 1187mg, 58sniper and 3 others like this.
  2. rockchalk06

rockchalk06

3. Nagoya10

Nagoya10

The TLR-7A has a rear mounted switch, eliminating that reach like the non-A models. Drawback is, Safariland does not have a duty holster to fit the TLR-7/A or -8/A light. Hopefully that will change someday but they told me they were having issues with the light activating in holster with the TLR-7 and -8. There are other companies making duty style holsters to fit that light and RMR but they are no where near the duty holster that Safariland has.

chinomalo likes this.
  4. 153

The surefire seems like the better light for sure. With all the gear attached this pistol is a real hunk.

5. Gilbertc13

Gilbertc13

Looking thru the RMR in a dark room into a light target is the downfall with the dual illumination models. I had one of those and sold it because I couldn’t pick up the dot at night, or even during the day indoors with a weapon light activated. That 1k lumen x300 will wash that dot out all day long indoors in your house... aside from that, looks nice. You’ll pay an arm and a leg for an ALS holster... like 150+. My duty holster goes for 230 on safariland a website. Leather will be hard to find to accommodate an optic and a light. Good luck

6. Gilbertc13

Gilbertc13

What part number are those base plates/mag extensions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7. Rocky7

Rocky7 Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member

Sorry, it looks like you attached a bayonet on the end. A shorter barrel platform with a longer light....... Just doesnt do it for me.

If you shoot dirty ammo that light will be the one to take the beating.

I see now everyone has a phrase for what they are doing “a stand off”. Yeh, I know Im a Fudd but its just one persons perspective.

8. MurphyPeoples

MurphyPeoples

Nice Build. I have the G45 as well and the whole family loves shooting it.

9. texasKA

texasKA

Good luck finding a leather holster that will take a pistol w a light.

10. MurphyPeoples

MurphyPeoples

11. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Lanyard loop? Outside of the Army, I don't think I have ever seen a duty gun that required a lanyard loop.

12. skyfall

skyfall

Where did you get the black lanyard loop and does it just pop on?

13. 153

I would agree that the X300 does look like a bayonet, the profile of the TR7 is much more reasonable. They are easy enough to swap out. The light projected by the X300 would likely wash out any dot.

The dual illuminated RMR works better than it’s reputation. When it doesn’t the irons are right there. The dot is 9 MOA, that’s actually more of an issue, but at pistol ranges not a very big one.
    Good thing about the RMR is that like a scope you have to go the fundamentals to get good hits, as every wiggle you make is obvious.

The mag bases are standard Glock + versions. Got the black lanyard on eBay, after reading about it here. It’s an archaic little bit, but fun - put it on as an homage to the 19X.

14. Chowser

Chowser

Had no issues with my -7 activating in my Safariland 7 series duty holster.
    Switched to 6360rds recently and upgraded to the 7a. No issues.

15. SonOfa91B

SonOfa91B

With exception of the dual illum RMR & trijicon BUIS, your build is pretty similar to a “19X MOS” I’ll be putting together. I’ll upload a few pictures when all is said and done.

SO91B

16. 153

Son, Would like to see your 19x, since that is what inspired the 45 build.

It’s almost seems like the basic pistol can be easily lost with all the attachments. Not really an issue for a holster or range piece. My carry Glocks are all stock with the exception of TFO sights on my G43.

17. 58sniper

58sniper Silver Member

Problem is that going to shorter lights usually means an inferior light beam, inferior construction or customer support, or all of the above. The Thyrm Clens works great here. https://thyrm.com/product/clens-protector/

Glock has made black lanyard rings for many years. Far longer than they've made the coyote one for the 19X.

18. Couch000

Couch000

Looks great. I have one that looks the same but with a Vortex Venom on top and no lanyard loop.

19. 9L0ck

9L0ck

Here is my 19 with x300ub and with the new 7A

Attached Files:

20. 153

Wish I had purchased the 7A ... would be way easier to activate.