Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious about all your thoughts on using the G45 for CCW. I have a 19 which conceals well, but I love the grip on the 45 so much more. I spent a good amount of time shooting one, and for some reason I'm more accurate with the 45 than the 19 for whatever reason.

I usually carry appendix and sometimes 4'oclock.

Has anyone ran the 45 concealed? How do you like it?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I carry a G45 IWB in a Bravo Concealment holster and OWB in a Glock Sport Combat holster.I have no problem concealing/drawing from either holster.I also have a Galco Miami Classic if I want a shoulder holster.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I carry a 17, and its easy to do. These days its AIWB, but Ive carried IWB at 4:00 for a long time too. You wont see any difference between it and the 45, as there really is none. I also have a 45 and 19.

I've never really understood the need for the 19's, or the 45 for that matter, but, everyone has their likes and dislikes.

The 17 or 45 really arent big guns, but I guess compared to the little guns that seem to be the preference for a lot of people these days, they are.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
It’s very easy to carry IWB. The shorter slide makes it more comfortable when sitting down for a time.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
It can be done but there is no denying that the grip is “full sized”. Almost always, full sized things are harder to conceal than compact things.

There is a reason why the G19 is the king of CC.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Conceals & carries very well. I rotate mine between 4 o'clock on the hip owb w/ 1791 holster or Galco leather shoulder rig. Pending attire

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
If you carry your 19 concealed, this means you have a holster for it. Very likely the 45 will fit that same holster. if it does, try it and see how it works.

Of course, one of my problems with the 45, at least as a carry gun, is it's larger in a dimension (grip length) that is critical for concealment. You want the grip to be as short as possible. But if, even with the longer grip, you can keep the gun from printing, you're good to go.

·
Veteran
983 Posts
the G19 is legit About 1/4" shorter than the G45 (Maybe 1/2") so in my opinion there is very little difference in the two (Hugh difference between the G26 tho). I routinely carry mine OWB in a leather Mitch Rosen Pancake holster using a Mitch Rosen Belt. I also have a Harrys Holster IWB Kydex with soft loops with conceal real real well even under a T shirt. Its all about the holster and belt combo. BuY once cry once
TT Gunleather makes some beautiful leather gear I have his IWB for MY G19

Reactions: Penn'sWoods

·
Registered
494 Posts
After I sold my P365 about 2 months ago I carried my Sig P226 and Beretta 92fs “compact” and freaking never could get comfortable. I always knew the gun was there. If you want to carry it there are plenty of options out there. But imho if you want carry and capacity get a 19 or a 43x/48 with the Shield 15 round mag if you want a glock. It’s totally personal preference I just prefer not to carry a full size gun bc I don’t carry openly. If OWB I wouldn’t care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Curious about all your thoughts on using the G45 for CCW. I have a 19 which conceals well, but I love the grip on the 45 so much more. I spent a good amount of time shooting one, and for some reason I'm more accurate with the 45 than the 19 for whatever reason.

I usually carry appendix and sometimes 4'oclock.

Has anyone ran the 45 concealed? How do you like it?
I carried my G45 every day, thought I needed G19 and G26 frames for easier concealment, but I was wrong.

A few months ago I upgraded my power factor with a G23, really miss the full size G45 grip, so much so, that I'm waiting for a Lone Wolf Timberwolf TWC-F frame to get the feel back without finger grooves.

I'm lucky, in OK my SDA Lic. covers concealed or open carry, and now that we have Constitutional Carry I don't worry much about printing.

Before you invest in a G45, try carrying 17rd mags with ZGrips in your G19.

·
Registered
8,844 Posts
You can carry just about anything concealed, but the thing that determines whether you do it for 20 minutes of 20 years is comfort. And that's something only you can decide. But as we age, we generally become less agreeable to lack of comfort.

I'm used to the 43/43X/Hellcat/P365 genre, and when I carried a G19 for a little while today, it felt like a toaster oven on my belt. For my part, I would never carry a 19/17/45, but that's just me.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
the G19 is legit About 1/4" shorter than the G45 (Maybe 1/2") so in my opinion there is very little difference in the two (Hugh difference between the G26 tho). I routinely carry mine OWB in a leather Mitch Rosen Pancake holster using a Mitch Rosen Belt. I also have a Harrys Holster IWB Kydex with soft loops with conceal real real well even under a T shirt. Its all about the holster and belt combo. BuY once cry once
TT Gunleather makes some beautiful leather gear I have his IWB for MY G19
G26, G19, G45.

IMG_3066.JPG

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I never found there was enough difference between the 17 and 19 to be a "difference" as far as carrying them.

The most noticeable difference between them for me is, the grip on the 19's are cramped, and a bit uncomfortable, and some versions are worse than others.

There is enough difference between the 26 and 19 (and especially the 17) for there to be a difference, as the 26 can easily be carried in places the 19 cant, especially if you keep it stock and use the factory 10 round mags without extensions.

As far as comfort goes, I suppose it depends on what youre used to. Ive carried full size handguns on a daily basis, things like 1911's, SIG',s and Glocks, for my whole adult life. I guess Ive been doing it so long now, and its so ingrained, that I dont notice the gun at all, except on those rare occasions the gun "isnt" there. Thats when its uncomfortable and most noticeable to me.

I always looked at it, if Im going to bother carrying a gun, Im going to do it every day, from the time I get up, until I get back into bed. Doesnt make much sense to do otherwise. When you need it, you REALLY need it, and if you dont have it......

And if youre going to bother carrying a gun, it should be the gun you shoot the best with, allowing you the best chance, across most any situation you might encounter.

Having a gun is the first step, being proficient and capable with it, is the important part. If you cant shoot the gun well, on-demand, and do so without having to think about doing so, then youre carrying the wrong gun.

·
Registered
376 Posts
G45 carries just fine, IWB or OWB although more comfortably OWB.

G19 a bit easier, but only a bit.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts