Glock .45 ACP vs. .45GAP: which one more accurate?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SIGlock, Nov 17, 2005.

1. SIGlock

SIGlock Millennium Member

For those who did the test between Glock pistols in .45 ACP and .45GAP, which one seems to be more accurate? Thanks

2. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

from my little bit of testing, they both seem to be pretty close - G21 vs G37 - heck I thought the G21 shot the 45 GAPs pretty good too considering that the chamber was too long for the GAP ammo

are you looking for someone to say that the ACP is something like 27% more accurate than the GAP (or vice versa)? any difference in accuracy may very well be simply due to one hand fitting the G21 or G37 grip better.

to truly test the accuracy of the cartridge we would need a G21 with a 45 gap and a 45 acp barrel & compare the two barrels in the same gun - or a 1911 with gap and acp barrels

3. cmzneb

cmzneb

I have the G21 and G37 and they are both equally accurate in my opinion.

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

My G30 and G38 are equally accurate, but the G38 is easier for me to shoot accurately at speed. That is why it is now my carry Glock of choice.

5. Rusty Phillips

In case Dan doesnt stumble across this I'll cross post this quote of him from this thread
    http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=456912&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

again we need to differentiate between "so and so gun fits you better" vs. "one cartridge being more accurate than the other"

6. Rusty Phillips

and then there is this from the Man himself

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=424981&highlight=g37+bullseye

and

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=340300

7. SIGlock

SIGlock Millennium Member

Rusty,

Thanks for those notes from Bcarver, who has extensively tested the G37 for accuracy. He enjoys shooting bullseye style with a Glock (very much like me). Geez, I thougth I was the only shooting bullseye with a Glock.

Anyway, my G21 is the most accurate Glock in my collection. Second only by my G34 by a very small margins. I am trying to see if the .45GAP would improve the accuracy a bit further. I may want to try the G37 (if Bcarver is right).