Glock 44X

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by wickedbeernut, Sep 6, 2020.

1. CBTENGR

CBTENGR

I'm not in a hurry for the block so I'll wait.

2. CBTENGR

CBTENGR

I just received an email from Jeremy Nelson asking if I wanted the locking block sent out now or if I wanted to wait for it. Excellent customer service so far between the emails and talking with us on Facebook Messenger.

3. wickedbeernut

wickedbeernut

CBTENGR likes this.
  4. G8V8

G8V8

It gives an old man wood!

5. CBTENGR

CBTENGR

I saw that earlier this evening and had to give them a like on it. Man I can't wait. I only need two parts to complete the slide one=ce it gets here. The barrel and recoil spring assembly. I saw that MWG has the OEM barrel in stock but still no RSA anywhere to be found.

6. wickedbeernut

wickedbeernut

G44X Breaking News

Please hold off buying an OEM G44 recoil spring assembly for use with your Nelson Precision / BoogeyMan Customs 44X slide. I can't go into more detail at this time, but you can probably imagine what's in the works. More details to follow in the next day or two.​

7. CBTENGR

CBTENGR

Hmmmmm interesting to say the least. I wonder if they are going to supply a RSA with the slide then. Good thing that the OEM RSA is unobtainium right now anyway.

8. G8V8

G8V8

IMG_3636.JPG

NDZ 15# (long) and Lone Wolf 13# springs, NDZ rod and adapter.
    IMG_3637.JPG
    IMG_3638.JPG
    IMG_3640.JPG
    13 and 15 pound springs with rod and adapter that I ordered last week and got yesterday. Seems to fit well and racking the slide feels good. I need to try it at the range to see how it functions. I have been thinking about possible solutions if the MRD and 44x slide weight reduce reliability. Maybe Nelson or somebody else is ahead of us.

9. wickedbeernut

wickedbeernut

Don't get me in trouble. Remember, mum's the word. We should hear something "official" today or tomorrow. However, I know several of us have been in search of OEM RSA's and I thought it would be best to put those plans on hold until this is sorted out.

CBTENGR likes this.
  10. G8V8

G8V8

Thanks. Much appreciated.

11. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

Gentlemen, I have to give up on my Glock 44. Took it shooting and jam jam jam jam jam. Spent more time clearing it than shooting it, and that's just not enjoyable at all. Completely frustrated and angry at myself for getting it. Live and learn I guess.

Listed for sale this morning, already have buyer(s) lined up.

12. wickedbeernut

wickedbeernut

I assume you were using OEM Glock 10-round magazines. Can you share what ammo you used?

Doc Holliday likes this.
  13. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

Yes...OEM mags with at least four different types of ammo.

I'm done with it.

14. CBTENGR

CBTENGR

Sorry to hear that Doc. Unfortunately lemons slip out now and then with every manufacturer. I have tested a wide variety of ammo in mine with out any problems. Yes most were high velocity and the standard velocity has all been 40Gr ammo. What little 36Gr ammo I have tried has been HV and functioned well with OEM magazines. I ran out of all the 36Gr ammo so have not tried any in the ProMag magazines.

Doc Holliday likes this.
  15. CBTENGR

CBTENGR

I'm gonna play Sgt. Shultz then........... I know nothing, nothing.

G8V8 likes this.
  16. wickedbeernut

wickedbeernut

Did I mention adjustable?

[​IMG]

17. G8V8

G8V8

Sign me up!

18. DrewBone

DrewBone

Here I am on the outside casually looking in at some of you guys going nuts over this, in such a hurry to shell out $220 for a product that's not even in anyone's hands yet, just to mount an optic on their G44? Doesn't anyone here think that all this reengineering being undertaken by an outside company to correct the deficiencies of a pistol produced by a world renowned firearm manufacturer is enough to cause a moments pause as to the direction this is all taking? I'm a firm believer of people being free to spend their money as they see fit, but I sure wouldn't want to be a guinea pig on this one:

guinea_pig_experimentation_NPM_LLC_DB.jpg

No other semi auto pistols chambered in .22LR that I am aware of require any of this nonsense, yet people are tripping over each others johnsons to spend over $200 for what should have been provided by the factory on such a modern design production gun to begin with.

There are multiple .22LR semiauto pistol options available that are less expensive, are reliable and accurate, that come with factory threaded barrels, and have greater factory magazine capacity without having to purchase, install, and sometimes modify 3D printed parts from some previously unknown source.

The phrase "Pick 'yer poison" comes to mind here ;)

[​IMG]

Doc Holliday likes this.
  19. CBTENGR

CBTENGR

To each their own man.You buy what you like/want and I'll buy what I like/want. No need to look down on others because you don't like or understand what others do or buy.

And yes I have a micro red dot on my Kel-Tec PMR30 and CP33 along with one on my S&W 22A. I'll probably put one on my Ruger Mk II also. It's no different than what people spend on their centerfire Glocks customizing them or adding stuff to any other firearm they own.

Yes Glock should have made it easy to mount a RDS on the G44 from the get go. But they didn't so an aftermarket company did. It is no different then people buying aftermarket slides with RMR cuts or sending their OEM slide in to get cut for the centerfire pistols.

G8V8 likes this.
  20. ViperR

ViperR

Hey WBN, since you are in touch with Nelson Precision, I have a question on their aluminum slides: Will the breech face be an insert made of steel? Reason I'm asking is about two things that should be considered. Dry firing having the strong steel striker hitting the softer aluminum. And the hot gasses/burning powder pit away at the breech. I has an AA kit at one time and the alum breech got badly pitted from this.
    A couple of other things, too: Will there be pressed in steel pins at the hold open nothches so the slide release doesn't chew away on the edges. And will the slide rails have some sort of steel liners to protect the aluminum from the thin sharp rails of the frame?
    Just curious. Thanks!