GlockTalk Forum banner

361 - 380 of 650 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
Who are they shipping with. I’m going away for a week and putting a USPS hold in?
My pre-ordered slides were shipped (and returned with pre-paid shipping) USPS Priority Mail. I can only assume the refurbished slides will be shipped the same way.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #364
Thoughts?

The idea is you print off a few copies and stuff them in your range bag. At the end of your session, you check a few boxes, scribble a few notes, take a picture of the report with your phone and post it to this thread.

I can post a PDF version of the template. I can also post a Microsoft Word version of the template which you could edit to reflect your set-up so you have fewer boxes to check.

I can add other commonly used MRDS's and ammo (and any other crucial information you think I'm missing).

With all the new variables introduced by the G44X (specific 44X slide model, MRDS, RSA, frame, ...), I think we'll need to convey most of this information in order for a range report to be of value.

If you rather just type all of this information in a post, I'd be happy to fill out the template for you.

Ultimately, I'd like to consolidate all of the range reports into a single post directly linked from the original post of this thread. All I need to do with this approach is include a link to the image of your range report.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #366

Update
Good news! Trijicon Bright & Tough (tritium) Suppressor Sights (GL201-C-600661) WILL fit the 44X slides! This bodes well for other aftermarket Glock sights.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #369

Update

For prospective G44X customers who'd prefer not to pilfer your G44 slide internal parts (to populate your NPM / BMC 44X slide), Midwest Gun Works currently (November 25, 2020) has a complete set of G44 / G44X slide internal parts in stock,

I just ordered TWO (2) more sets of G44 / G44X internal parts ... $146.69 (including $12.99 priority mail shipping).

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #370

Notice

If you've pre-ordered or are considering ordering a Nelson Precision Manufacturing (NPM) or BoogeyMan Customs (BMC) 44X slide and haven't introduced yourself, PLEASE share your comments, questions and concerns. Which 44X model did you pre-order? Which 44X model are you considering? How do you intend to use it (MRDS, iron sights, magazine, ...)? If this thread (including the FAQ) doesn't answer your questions, it's important we get you the information you need. You're bound to enlighten the rest of us.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Does anyone know if there will be any Black Friday Sales on these slides for those of us who didn’t get in on the pre-order???

I haven’t seen a range report yet, but after re-reading through this thread I’m comfortable enough that if any more problems crop up they will get resolved. Now I just want one!

I was also getting ready to order a complete set of internals from Midwest, but after thinking about it further, I didn’t. The fact is that once I swap slides and mount a red dot, the OEM slide will go back into the original box, never to be seen again until my kids inherit it someday.

Regarding the adjustable RSA, I think it ships with a 13 lb spring. I’m still confused by the technical info provided by WBN, or if this is lighter or equal to the OEM RSA? ISMI doesn’t offer an 11 lb spring option, not sure if Wolff or anyone else does, so lightening it may not be an option.

For me personally, the only reason to get it would be to lighten the spring by a couple of lbs.

Also, can anyone tell me the advantages of the aluminum locking block over the OEM? I’m assuming it’s to be more resistant to heat. I know when I shoot mine, I tend to pump 50-70 rounds thru it quite fast at a dueling tree, then reload mags and hand off the gun to one of my kids and then “wash, rinse, repeat” until the gun gets too hot to shoot. Then we put it down, back up 25’ and repeat the whole cycle with a 10/22 and M&P 15-22. There is no “slow-fire” in this household.

And, for the record, I have a few other similar 22 pistols, but we always leave them home or in the car in favor of shooting the G44. Heck, I may need a 2nd one when prices become reasonable again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
681 Posts
The reason some of us went ahead and bought all the internal slide parts is that we plan on either having quick swap capability or plan on getting another frame for the extra slide.

I am waiting to get my hands on a Gen 5 compatible 80% frame to build. My other option is to machine a custom front locking block rail for a 80% frame.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #373
Does anyone know if there will be any Black Friday Sales on these slides for those of us who didn’t get in on the pre-order???
There was originally talk of a Black Friday sale, however, last I heard, it had been pushed back to mid-December following the pre-order debacle. I'll keep an eye on the NPM and BMC Facebook pages. And if I hear anything from Jeremy, I'll certainly post it here. I'm sure others will do the same.

I haven’t seen a range report yet, but after re-reading through this thread I’m comfortable enough that if any more problems crop up they will get resolved. Now I just want one!
I can't imagine anyone has received their refurbished 44X.1 slide yet. Mid-December may be perfect for you. You should have several range reports by then.

I was also getting ready to order a complete set of internals from Midwest, but after thinking about it further, I didn’t. The fact is that once I swap slides and mount a red dot, the OEM slide will go back into the original box, never to be seen again until my kids inherit it someday.
Yeah, that's strictly a personal choice. I wanted to preserve my OEM slide. I want to be able to swap back and forth between the OEM slide and the 44X slide. For example, maybe I'm experiencing reliability issues with the 44X slide and a particular ammo or magazine. I want to be able to run the same ammo / magazine through my OEM slide to see if the issue is specific to the 44X slide.

I ordered two 44X slides, so I'd ordered two sets of internal parts. I intend to run one 44X slide on a G19.5 frame which is slated to arrive on Tuesday. I ordered three (non-threaded) barrels, two OEM recoil spring assemblies, two NPM modular recoil spring assemblies and one NPM locking block.

I'm a rear iron sight forward kind of guy. I expect to have a BMC 44X Voodoo slide cut rear iron sight forward by the end of the year.

Regarding the adjustable RSA, I think it ships with a 13 lb spring. I’m still confused by the technical info provided by WBN, or if this is lighter or equal to the OEM RSA? ISMI doesn’t offer an 11 lb spring option, not sure if Wolff or anyone else does, so lightening it may not be an option.
All I can tell you is what the chart says. The NPM modular recoil spring assembly with a 13 lb ISMI recoil spring is lighter at shorter lengths of travel than the OEM recoil spring assembly. Both have a maximum weight of 13 lb. I assume this translates into a lighter recoil spring assembly overall. Let's see how the 13 lb ISMI recoil spring runs (and if it's even needed with 40-grain, high-velocity ammo).

Also, can anyone tell me the advantages of the aluminum locking block over the OEM? I’m assuming it’s to be more resistant to heat. I know when I shoot mine, I tend to pump 50-70 rounds thru it quite fast at a dueling tree, then reload mags and hand off the gun to one of my kids and then “wash, rinse, repeat” until the gun gets too hot to shoot. Then we put it down, back up 25’ and repeat the whole cycle with a 10/22 and M&P 15-22. There is no “slow-fire” in this household.
One's aluminum. One's plastic. I haven't heard of anyone reporting issues with the OEM locking block. Maybe others have?

I needed a G44 locking block for my G19.5 frame. A plastic OEM locking block from Midwest Gun Works is only $2 less ($23) than the NPM locking block ($25).

And, for the record, I have a few other similar 22 pistols, but we always leave them home or in the car in favor of shooting the G44. Heck, I may need a 2nd one when prices become reasonable again.
The price has increased from $349 in August to $379. That's not too bad given the current situation.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Got my slide today. The firing pin assembly I got from Midwest Gun Works will not go into the slide, the firing pin spacer sleeve is too large in diameter. The OEM from my G44 fits fine.

I thought perhaps the replacement assembly had the wrong spacer sleeve on it. I checked various parts suppliers, and they all say that the spacer sleeve is the same on all models except the 42, 43, 43X, and 48. Thinking perhaps the 44 should use one of those, I pulled the firing pin assembly out of my 42, spacer sleeve is too large in diameter for both the OEM 44 and 44X slide.

Anyone know where to get a smaller diameter spacer sleeve?

Serial number on my 44 is ADUFxxx, wonder if they changed that part during production?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Got my slide today. The firing pin assembly I got from Midwest Gun Works will not go into the slide, the firing pin spacer sleeve is too large in diameter. The OEM from my G44 fits fine.

I thought perhaps the replacement assembly had the wrong spacer sleeve on it. I checked various parts suppliers, and they all say that the spacer sleeve is the same on all models except the 42, 43, 43X, and 48. Thinking perhaps the 44 should use one of those, I pulled the firing pin assembly out of my 42, spacer sleeve is too large in diameter for both the OEM 44 and 44X slide.

Anyone know where to get a smaller diameter spacer sleeve?
The G44 does NOT use a channel liner.

Did you order the correct G44 firing pin?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #377
Firing Pin Assembly .22 LR G44 (03 assy) - marked 39016 (Glock P/N 39445)​
  • Firing Pin
  • Firing Pin Spring
  • Spring Cups
  • Spacer Sleeve
I assume you didn't return your 44X slide to NPM. If you have the correct part number, I wouldn't try to find another one. You'd be doing NPM a favor by returning the slide will all of your internal parts. Eventually, they need to dimension the 44X slides to accept any and all OEM parts.

·
Registered
446 Posts
The G44 does NOT use a channel liner.

Not talking about a channel liner. The plastic piece at the rear of the firing pin is the spacer sleeve that is too big around. Firing pin looks correct.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Firing Pin Assembly .22 LR G44 (03 assy) - marked 39016 (Glock P/N 39445)​

• Firing Pin
  • Firing Pin Spring
  • Spring Cups
  • Spacer Sleeve
I assume you didn't return your 44X slide to NPM. If you have the correct part number, I wouldn't try to find another one. You'd be doing NPM a favor by returning the slide will all of your internal parts. Eventually, they need to dimension the 44X slides to accept any and all OEM parts.
I haven't contacted NPM yet, wasn't sure if it was the part or the hole in the slide that was the issue. I was curious if anyone else had a problem with a replacement firing pin assembly not fitting in the 44X slide.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #380
I haven't contacted NPM yet, wasn't sure if it was the part or the hole in the slide that was the issue. I was curious if anyone else had a problem with a replacement firing pin assembly not fitting in the 44X slide.
@G8V8, @CBTENGR and I all returned our 44X slides with the internal parts for NPM to install. As I understand it, the primary issue was the safety plunger, not the firing pin assembly. I'd hope that NPM would've taken what they learned (in terms of dimension variations) from all the internal parts they received and incorporated those findings into all of the slides they returned as well as those like yours that hadn't been sent out yet. Maybe they didn't encounter issues with the firing pin assembly?

Please don't hesitate to contact NPM. I'd recommend Facebook Messanger.

361 - 380 of 650 Posts