GlockTalk Forum banner

221 - 240 of 374 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
There’ll soon be an influx of companies making aftermarket parts to try and “fix” the shortcomings of the Nelson aftermarket slides.
What aftermarket parts and shortcomings do you have in mind? We've captured the concerns with potential wear and the fact the 44X slides don't seem to have incorporated any preventative measures commonly found in other .22 LR pistols with aluminum slides.

Those Nelson aluminum slides look stupid,
Look stupid? I can't say I see that, but to each his own.

won’t function reliably
Based on? Weight?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Those Nelson aluminum slides look stupid, won’t function reliably and [with no steel inserts anywhere] are going to get torn up with any real use
I guess some one needs to tell Advantage Arms and all the 1911 conversion kit manufacturers to stop using aluminum since it won't work

And why is this Nelson sales, hype and marketing thread even allowed in General Glocking?
I don't think any of us work for Nelson Precision that are posting here. And we are just talking about an available aftermarket slide for those that want one. No one has been trying to sell them or push people into buying one.

In the end, if you don't like it then don't buy it. And it is also really easy to scroll past threads that don't interest you instead of posting negative remarks.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I wanted to give everyone that preordered a slide an update.

I just received a message from Nelson Precision and the slide have been delayed by 1 week. They are shipping them with suppressor right sights to make up for it for all that preordered.

IF the slides are as good as their customer service and communications, they should be good to go.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
upload_2020-10-28_9-29-10.png

Update

The good news ...

All 44X slide pre-orders will ship with both standard-height sights (installed) and suppressor-height sights (packaged separately).

Jeremy (Nelson) is hoping to start shipping the pre-ordered adjustable recoil spring assemblies by the end of this week.

The not so good news ...

From Jeremy,

... unfortunately it looks like we're going to be shipping a week later then we projected. We'll be working on finishing the rear sights (suppressor & standard height) today & tomorrow. The slides are heading to anodize today or tomorrow depending if I'm able to finish getting them beadblasted before the platers close for the day. Everything getting coated is being expedited and over night shipped if required to get the parts back as fast as possible.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
I wonder if there’s any way to have it shipped with the suppressor sights installed?
I'm checking with Jeremy. He'd originally said on Facebook that he was shooting to ship the 44X slides with the suppressor-height sights installed. However, at that time, he was planning to sell the suppressor-height sights separately (possibly as an upgrade). Now that he's including them for free (and on a tight schedule), we'll have to see. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
I wonder if there’s any way to have it shipped with the suppressor sights installed?
ETA: I've also suggested to Jeremy that maybe he could ship all of the pre-ordered 44X slides with the suppressor-height sights installed and with the standard-height sights packaged separately. I can only assume a vast majority of his customers are purchasing a 44X slide in order to mount an MRDS. Again, I'll let you know what he says. And I know several of us plan to replace whatever sights the 44X slides ship with.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Jeremy did not state if the suppressor height sights will come installed or not in his private message.
This morning (9:00 am MT) Jeremy told me,

"Standard height sights will come pre installed with the suppressor sights packaged separately."

I paraphrased this statement above (post #225).

Again, the original plan was to offer the suppressor-height sights separately on the Nelson Precision web site. Now that Jeremy is including the suppressor-height sights for free (for 44X slide pre-orders), we need to sort out whether he has the bandwidth to install them.

I'll let you know what I hear.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Good we have clarification now. I just told them to send my recoil spring assembly and locking block with my slide when it ships.

Now the wait for an 80% Gen 5 compatible frame to become available.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
My bad. I meant to post yesterday. $29.95. Jeremy only has 26 at this point. I'd encourage anyone interested in pre-ordering an adjustable recoil spring assembly to contact Jeremy via Facebook messenger at,

Jeremy posted the adjustable recoil spring assembly to the Nelson Precision Manufacturing web site this afternoon (only 21 available at the time). They sold out in minutes. Hopefully, everyone here who wanted one (or more) got their pre-order in three weeks ago.

·
Registered
10,130 Posts
So why is this adjustable? You're going to adjust it for the recoil of one brand, then adjust it again for another brand of ammo? Then again for another? All throughout the shooting session?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #237 (Edited)
So why is this adjustable? You're going to adjust it for the recoil of one brand, then adjust it again for another brand of ammo? Then again for another? All throughout the shooting session?
I only run CCI Mini-mag (MPN 0030). I guess you could buy one adjustable RSA per ammo manufacturer / manufacturer part number. I suspect one adjustable RSA will effectively service similar ammo (e.g., 40 grain, high-velocity) from multiple manufacturers.

ETA: After further consideration ...

Is "Adjustable Recoil Spring Assembly" really the proper term for the product Nelson Precision is offering?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #238 (Edited)
I just got done chatting with Jeremy at Nelson Precision. He's going to change the name of his recoil spring assembly. I'm waiting for him to update his web site with the new name. He's toying with "Adjustable Weight Recoil Spring Assembly". I still find the use of the term "adjustable" misleading. I believe the correct term is "modular".

The recoil spring assembly is not "adjustable" per se. From Jeremy,

upload_2020-11-6_9-23-54.png

You simply use an allen wrench to remove and replace the included 13 pound recoil spring with any aftermarket Glock 19 Gen 3 recoil spring. The Nelson Precision recoil spring assembly only has one spring (i.e., it's not a "dual" design as with the OEM Glock 44 recoil spring assembly).

With respect to the weight of the OEM Glock 44 recoil spring, Jeremy said,

upload_2020-11-6_9-30-3.png

and with respect to a suitable Glock 44X recoil spring weight,

upload_2020-11-6_9-32-39.png

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks to everyone providing this great info. I am anxious to put a red dot on my G44 and this seems to be the most viable option.

Personally, I’d prefer that it come with no sights installed as it’s a range toy only, and it could save just a tiny amount of weight. Although, it seems that now with the option of lightening the recoil spring weight, it may cycle reliably with bulk pack ammo, although I’m sure I’d use mostly CCI, or more likely Aguila Super Extra since it’s a good deal cheaper and mimics the CCI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
Thanks to everyone providing this great info. I am anxious to put a red dot on my G44 and this seems to be the most viable option.

Personally, I’d prefer that it come with no sights installed as it’s a range toy only, and it could save just a tiny amount of weight. Although, it seems that now with the option of lightening the recoil spring weight, it may cycle reliably with bulk pack ammo, although I’m sure I’d use mostly CCI, or more likely Aguila Super Extra since it’s a good deal cheaper and mimics the CCI.
I'm in the same boat. I'd prefer the 44X slide come with no iron (aluminum) sights, but rather due to the fact I (and I know several others) intend to replace whatever iron sights the 44X slide comes with.

Once Jeremy (Nelson) gets through this initial pre-order rush, maybe he can offer subsequent 44X slides with,

Standard-Height Sights
Suppressor-Height Sights
No Sights​

For now, I think we just need to let Jeremy do whatever is easiest for him. As I mentioned, his initial plan was to ship the pre-ordered 44X slides with the standard-height sights installed and the suppressor-height sights packaged separately. I know he's considering doing it the other way around.

221 - 240 of 374 Posts